Updating the Dutch Language

GianniDPC

Members
Jan 2, 2020
I see there are a lot of translations missing using the latest MIUI 11 (stable).

Is there any way I can contribute? So these can get fixed.

I also noticed some dutch translations available in the official EEA rom that are not translated on the xiaomi eu rom. Which means it could be possible to even port some translations from the official rom?

Hi @GianniDPC , old Dutch translator here. The active translation in Dutch has been stopped for almost a year now for the xiaomi.eu ROM. The current translation is based on MIUI10 and is very out of date. If you are willing to update the translation, you are obviously more than welcome to do so.

There are two options for updating the translation:
* Use my repository and update it using the xiaomi.eu language changes repository as a reference.
* Use the Global Dutch translation as a basis. I have no insight on the state of the official Dutch translation. I'll see if I can investigate this. If the official translation is kinda up to date, it might not take that much work to update it compared to updating my repository.

Last edited:
Hi @GianniDPC , old Dutch translator here. The active translation in Dutch has been stopped for almost a year now for the xiaomi.eu ROM. The current translation is based on MIUI10 and is very out of date. If you are willing to update the translation, you are obviously more than welcome to do so.

There are two options for updating the translation:
* Use my repository and update it using the xiaomi.eu language changes repository as a reference.
* Use the Global Dutch translation as a basis. I have no insight on the state of the official Dutch translation. I'll see if I can investigate this. If the official translation is kinda up to date, it might not take that much work to update it compared to updating my repository.

Heb vandaag even jouw vertaling geforked en een python script geschreven die deze merged met de vertalingen van de global rom. De xml tags die niet bestonden in de global rom heb ik dus laten staan (deze kun je zien vanaf de comment 'Xiaomi EU Original ').

Als je me even zou kunnen helpen dit gemerged te krijgen met xiaomi eu zou ik dat heel hard appreciëren!

I requested @ingbrzy to change the Dutch language to the Global Dutch translation which is provided by Xiaomi itself. It's probably the best way to keep the translation up to speed with all the changes every week.

Reactions: dkoek
Pretty disappointed with Dutch language in latest MIUI 13 for Renoir / Mi 11 Lite 5G. When setting the phone up in Dutch, there are all kind of text still in English, it's a mix.

And OP thread is already 2 years old and nothing changed!!!

Pretty disappointed with Dutch language in latest MIUI 13 for Renoir / Mi 11 Lite 5G. When setting the phone up in Dutch, there are all kind of text still in English, it's a mix.

And OP thread is already 2 years old and nothing changed!!!
I am glad you want to help us..
Let me know when your translation is done..

Thank you!