Updating Xiaomi mi 11 miui 13 to 14

Vlado777

Members
Apr 20, 2023
Hi all! I want to install 14.0.9.0 xiaomi.eu Stable Android 13 without losing any data. I already have Android 12, 13.0.9 xiaomi.eu Stable. Сan i do it through fastboot?

PC does not see the phone. when I run the bat file, the command line opens with a message "waiting for device..." and nothing happens. Without fastboot, the PC sees the phone normally. What could be the problem?

- you might be missing drivers
- try another USB port
- another USB cable

Reactions: Vlado777
I have a problem. the update went without errors, then the command line closed itself. Should there be an inscription that the installation is complete? the phone rebooted to the lock screen, I unlocked, after a couple of seconds the phone rebooted. and now reboots again and again. I repeated the update via fastboot, everything is the same. reaches the lock screen and reboots. what to do? I need to save all data.

Can you reboot into recovery (TWRP)? If so, back up your files to your PC.
Also try installing the ROM in TWRP.

If you have entered TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and back up your files to the PC.
It is quite likely that you will have to do "Format Data". This will make you lose your data.

Install ROM in TWRP :

Attachments

• instalace_ROM.png
    instalace_ROM.png
    426 KB · Views: 105
I have selected all folders to create a backup. so that there are no errors during recovery, it will also be necessary to restore all folders?
I'll make a backup, save the photo and try to update.

Update in TWRP. If you still have problems with the restrtt, perform "Format Data" in TWRP and then reboot into the system.
How to Format Data:

Attachments

• Format_Data.png
    Format_Data.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 93
I've done everything. with a clean system, the phone turns on, when data is restored, it reboots into recovery

How you restoring and what exactly?

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)
I did a reset, then turned on the phone, went through the initial setup, turned on the usb debugging mode. copied the backup back to the phone, went into the recovery and tried to restore all the saved folders, then only the data folder, then the data and a few others (boot, vendor, something else). always the result is the same.

maybe I'm doing something wrong? which folders, except data, need to be restored? I backed up everything that was there.

I guess we don't understand you.
What folders are you talking about? You mean the partition from the backup created in TWRP? Do not use this backup. And if you use it, then only the "data" section. But I don't recommend doing that. Use Google Backup to restore.

Reactions: kcorrea1
I guess we don't understand you.
What folders are you talking about? You mean the partition from the backup created in TWRP? Do not use this backup. And if you use it, then only the "data" section. But I don't recommend doing that. Use Google Backup to restore.
yes, I'm talking about it. I didn't backup to google. only in twrp

yes, I'm talking about it. I didn't backup to google. only in twrp
Are you rooted by any chance ?

If so, I would highly recommend SwiftBackup.

Otherwise I really don't know any other way to restore backup (specially app data).

Google backup doesn't work for me 100% of the times. I've stopped tinkering with it and just given up but that's me.

Other folders like documents, photos, music, movies etc., just do a copy paste.

--

Vlado777

Backup to Google should be done automatically when the device is on the charger and WiFi.
Maybe you have it and don't even know it.

all I have is a backup in twrp and saved photos and videos on the computer. when gogocar62 said about backup, I thought you were talking about backup in twrp.
the system on the phone is already clean.
I'm not sure, but I think I turned off google backup sometime before.
If it does not work out with Google, then nothing can be done with the backup data? Is there any way to get the files out of there?

And what was wrong in the first place? I updated many times through fastboot before, everything was ok.

all I have is a backup in twrp and saved photos and videos on the computer. when gogocar62 said about backup, I thought you were talking about backup in twrp.
the system on the phone is already clean.
I'm not sure, but I think I turned off google backup sometime before.
If it does not work out with Google, then nothing can be done with the backup data? Is there any way to get the files out of there?

And what was wrong in the first place? I updated many times through fastboot before, everything was ok.
Updated ROM through fastboot or TWRP, wouldn't wipe your data.

But doing a clean install and then restoring your data from TWRP would definitely cause issues and hence not recommended.

I'm thinking this:

Restore the entire TWRP backup

Now you have 2 options:

1. Do a Google Backup like @gogocar26 said.

Next you do a clean install again and hope that Google will restore your apps. But again app data wouldn't be restored to the best of my knowledge.

So now you can try to use TWRP and restore only the data partition and hope all goes okay. I still have my doubts though.

2. Root your phone, use SwiftBackup to backup your apps + data + media if needed.

Copy the SwiftBackup folder to your desktop/laptop.

Now do a clean install and root your phone again.

Copy SwiftBackup to your phone and restore using SwiftBackup.

Unroot your phone completely.

Hope this makes sense.

--

Next you do a clean install again and hope that Google will restore your apps.

I logged in, I don't have a google backup. I was only able to restore contacts and notes through xiaomi account.

So now you can try to use TWRP and restore only the data partition and hope all goes okay.
when I tried to restore a backup from twrp, I missed the authorization in Google, and there was always a bootloop. now that i'm logged into google, can this work? copy the backup to the phone again for a very long time to check and get the bootloop again. does it make sense?

Root your phone, use SwiftBackup to backup your apps + data + media if needed.
I don't have root, but I don't think it's a problem.
But I don't quite understand. I can only use a clean phone, so there are no backup files. or SwiftBackup can recognize my backup when i made in twrp?