Upgrade Mi4c

karmine1994

Members
Feb 21, 2017
hello every1.
i have to upgrade my mi4c, bcause i dont do it from a year. i have 6.1.14... and i want to ask you, which guide i have to follow?

how can i unlock bootloader??? a page on miui.com says that there will want 10 days before i can unlock my phone.

This manual only to revert phone from "locked" to "not locked" state, but not for real official unlocking.
"Magic command" deleted from that manual due to non effective.
I used this method many times, it works very well bro. this is a security hole and someone discovered it XD. with this thing i installed Twrp and xiaomi.eu or any AOSP rom without bootlooping. But if u fastboot a stable rom, your bootloader will be relocked again, it's normal.

Are you sure your bootloader is locked ? I have 2 Mi4c's I bought before Xiaomi started locking bootloader's....Prior to March 2016, I believe....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
how can i verify this??? my last upgrade dating january 2016 (infact is 6.1.14).

Aniway, i have twrp, the version 2.8.7.0... i must upgrade it to 3.x?

so.. seen that my device is unlocked... what i must do? flash directly 6.12.22? and then?? re-request the unlock to device, and only then flash all the lasts roms i want???

s
I meant lollipop ROM above....Not MM...

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
sorry i dont understand this last message. what u mean with above lollipop??? i currently have android 5.1. and want to upgrade to android 7.0 nougat. what does has to do with all this android mm??

It was an error on my part.
Here you go follow these instructions:

How to upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO:
Install MIUI
6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Download to your device Android 7.0
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip

Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install
TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use
latest SuperSU
perfect, thanks. i will try this on next tuesday and i will inform u on the results.

Reactions: iamme729
so.. seen that my device is unlocked... what i must do? flash directly 6.12.22? and then?? re-request the unlock to device, and only then flash all the lasts roms i want???
No, you don't need request unlock code, Just download miui unlock tool and It Will unlock again your bl

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

i upgrade my mi4c on 6.12.22... all is gone ok.. device it seems ok. and we'll see how it performs in this week.
It was an error on my part.
Here you go follow these instructions:

How to upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO:
Install MIUI
6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Download to your device Android 7.0
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip

Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install
TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use
latest SuperSU
i'm on 6.12.22 now. to upgrade, i have to upgrade only from Updater? from twrp i cant???

EDIT: i cant upgrade from UPDATER... there aren't no upgrades from there.

i upgrade my mi4c on 6.12.22... all is gone ok.. device it seems ok. and we'll see how it performs in this week.

i'm on 6.12.22 now. to upgrade, i have to upgrade only from Updater? from twrp i cant???

EDIT: i cant upgrade from UPDATER... there aren't no upgrades from there.
You must download the last xiaomi.eu rom (7.2.23) and put it on your phone. Then go to the updater app and press the 3 buttons (upper right) and choose "select update zip file" (or something similar) and update. Then unlock your bootloader "officially way" for future updates that can be done through TWRP.

You must download the last xiaomi.eu rom (7.2.23) and put it on your phone. Then go to the updater app and press the 3 buttons (upper right) and choose "select update zip file" (or something similar) and update. Then unlock your bootloader "officially way" for future updates that can be done through TWRP.
ok.. and if it won't go?? a lot of times (time ago) i try to upgrade from there, and report me to home and upgrade nothing... if that procedure doesn't works, could i ugrade the device from twrp or i will encounter problems/bricks???

ok.. and if it won't go?? a lot of times (time ago) i try to upgrade from there, and report me to home and upgrade nothing... if that procedure doesn't works, could i ugrade the device from twrp or i will encounter problems/bricks???
It worked fine for me, and if you read some posts above, it's what we should do to avoid problems.

If you got xiaomi.eu ROM installed, just download the new version ( 6.12.22 for 5.1 android got 11k downloads) put this xiaomi_eu....zip file into your phone internal folder(downloads for example). Go to your preinstalled "Updater" app tap "..." sumbol & "Choose update pacage" to manualy set your downloaded ROM , if your botloader is unlock the ROM will go to flash. Otherwise you go to en.miui. com/unlock follow therse instructions & wait for 2-10days for permision, then install miunlockflash.exe on your PC & try to unlock , if there is 50% troble just wait & try another day, or flash developer ROM from en.miui. com & try again another day. This proces also can take up to 8 days

Reactions: iamme729
hi guys,

I've read a lot of threads and still can't find clear answer: I believe I have pre-lock phone, bought it in November-December 2015 (afair), and it have root and TWRP installed. will my phone lock after xiaomi.eu android 7 install?

thx in advance

do I understand you correctly: despite being pre-lock device generation my phone will lock anyway (even after xiaomi.eu android 7 firmware) ?

do someone encounters problems with life battery on miui.8??? it's a problem of miui8 or of the 6.12.22??? and a question, sorry for OT but, if i install the stable 8.2.1 miui8, there is italian language?? or is available only english/chinese on the stables versions???

I see..
neccesity to unlock bootloader, then to wipe all my apps/settings annoys me. I'll better stay on good old 6.x firmware.
iamme729, thanks for the clarification anyway

yes 6.12.22 is based on Androd 5.1 but not a big deal for me, because it is very stable and dont make any problems for me.

when Android 7 is hat much better performance than now, i will give it a try.