US Carrier that will support Xiaomi M1

max1001

Members
Aug 29, 2011
Hi. I dunno if this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if I would be able to use it on t-mobile with 3g speed.

The bands of the Xiaomi M1 will only work with AT&T's bands, you could probably make calls and text on T-Mo, but 3G would be a no-go.

Who's to say maybe they'll release a quad-band phone though?

Why wouldn't 3G work if you flashed it properly? I have 3G on my Droid X on Cricket Wireless.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Why wouldn't 3G work if you flashed it properly? I have 3G on my Droid X on Cricket Wireless.

It would not work because of the bands on the phone which can not be modified. From what I understand, Xiaomi M1's bands are 850/1900/2100 Mhz for 3G and T-Mobile's bands are 900/1700/2100 Mhz for their 3G.

It would not work because of the bands on the phone which can not be modified. From what I understand, Xiaomi M1's bands are 850/1900/2100 Mhz for 3G and T-Mobile's bands are 900/1700/2100 Mhz for their 3G.

I think t-mobile's UMTS (w-cdma) frequencies are 1700 MHz/2100 MHz, I don't think they run on the 900mhz band. But since AFee & Fee is buying t-mobile, then maybe eventually t-mo U.S. Customers will have affe&fee bands available to them. Hope so, I am on t-mo.

I think t-mobile's UMTS (w-cdma) frequencies are 1700 MHz/2100 MHz, I don't think they run on the 900mhz band. But since AFee & Fee is buying t-mobile, then maybe eventually t-mo U.S. Customers will have affe&fee bands available to them. Hope so, I am on t-mo.

I hope so too, I been with T-mobile since like 2001, I wish all companies uses all the same frequencies lol.

Wouldn't the 2100Mhz work?

The only reason why 3G works on your Droid X is because both Cricket and Verizon both use the same network technology, CDMA. It's not to difficult to convert a vzw to a lesser carrier, however it's not like you can get an AT&T iPhone to work on Sprint or VZW, it simply that they are two different technologies. At&T uses GSM tech, while vzw and sprint use CDMA tech. I'm staying confident that this will only work (fully) on AT&T and perhaps a smaller gsm carrier if they support the same radio bands.

The only reason why 3G works on your Droid X is because both Cricket and Verizon both use the same network technology, CDMA. It's not to difficult to convert a vzw to a lesser carrier, however it's not like you can get an AT&T iPhone to work on Sprint or VZW, it simply that they are two different technologies. At&T uses GSM tech, while vzw and sprint use CDMA tech. I'm staying confident that this will only work (fully) on AT&T and perhaps a smaller gsm carrier if they support the same radio bands.

M1 have both cmda and gsm.
I got this from hotmid.com M1 spec sheet.
Network : GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/1800/1900/; 850/2100MHz
And t-mobile 3G is on 1700 MHz/2100 MHz. I believe the 2100 Mhz should work for t-mobile. Am I understanding this wrong?

M1 have both cmda and gsm.
I got this from hotmid.com M1 spec sheet.
Network : GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/1800/1900/; 850/2100MHz
And t-mobile 3G is on 1700 MHz/2100 MHz. I believe the 2100 Mhz should work for t-mobile. Am I understanding this wrong?

Even though that is sound logic that's still incorrect. WCDMA really is just another word for UMTS which is much similar to that of GSM than that of EvDO 3G found on Sprint and VZW's 3G CDMA networks. You really need both frequencies (1700 and 2100) on the phone supported because without it doesn't have multi-mux (multiple data connections simultaneously) it will function more similarly to that of ATT's 2G edge network.

I'm just as bummed as the rest of you that it doesn't support T-Mo 3G. Sorry guys :( Maybe when the M2 comes out (or what have you) they will have more support for more networks.

Now we just need China to start deploying LTE so that MIUI get's 4G support =D

Even though that is sound logic that's still incorrect. WCDMA really is just another word for UMTS which is much similar to that of GSM than that of EvDO 3G found on Sprint and VZW's 3G CDMA networks. You really need both frequencies (1700 and 2100) on the phone supported because without it doesn't have multi-mux (multiple data connections simultaneously) it will function more similarly to that of ATT's 2G edge network.

I'm just as bummed as the rest of you that it doesn't support T-Mo 3G. Sorry guys :( Maybe when the M2 comes out (or what have you) they will have more support for more networks.

Now we just need China to start deploying LTE so that MIUI get's 4G support =D
Is that the reason why iPhone doesnt work so well on t-mobile?