Usb Port Defect = Phone Bricked?

Edgar62

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Until two days ago, I was a very happy user of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Then I've got problems with my USB port. Apparently the phone was no longer charged via USB. Neither the wall plug nor a battery power pack seemed to have any effect. Percentage went only down. The accu check showed everything o.k. - no unusual power consuming parts or apps. In the meantime the charge arrived at 0% and the phone is now off - no reaction to anything at all.

What can I do? Since the phone cannot be opened, I cannot charge the battery externally.

I know that usb connectors are often loose. Is there a trick to fix it, so that charging resumes to work?

Or can I send the phone to some repair service? I live in Europe (Germany), so there is no Xiaomi shop, I could walk to.

Or shall I look for some new phone as this one is bricked?

I hope, somebody here had a similar problem and can point me to a solution!

Edgar

Maybe a dumb ideia, but did you try another charger and/or another cable?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 3 através de Tapatalk

I have tried several chargers, a battery pack with several cables, a usb cable connected to my laptop - no effect. The phone is dead.

I am uploading an image of my port, mabe somebody recognizes a problem.

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 441
Just to give an update: In the meantime, I've contacted the customer support at Gearbest.com. They gave me several options:
  1. Get a free repair. I would have to send in the phone to china. Unfortunately this is no longer possible since the lithium-ion battery will not be accepted by postal carriers (only with prohibitive charges).
  2. Get a partial refund (65 $ in my case).
  3. Get a replacement for a discount.
I opted for the second offer and immediately ordered a new Redmi Note 4. The old phone is still dead. Maybe I'll try some local repair shop.