V6 Gapps Problem, Help Needed.

rjaap

Members
Feb 19, 2013
Just received the latest update to 5.4.10 today. Installed it and afterwards got spammed with play store / play services errors. I removed the play store and most of the other google apps and tried to reinstall them.

Here's what I tried:
1. google installer: doesn't work. Installs the framework but doesn't install the playstore. Says download is corrupted.
2. Tried installing CWM to flash gapps. CWM installs but crashes when launched.
3. Tried installing TWRP to flash gapps. TWRP installs but crashes when launched.

Any ideas about what to do now? I haven't got a clue anymore...

Just received the latest update to 5.4.10 today. Installed it and afterwards got spammed with play store / play services errors. I removed the play store and most of the other google apps and tried to reinstall them.

Here's what I tried:
1. google installer: doesn't work. Installs the framework but doesn't install the playstore. Says download is corrupted.
2. Tried installing CWM to flash gapps. CWM installs but crashes when launched.
3. Tried installing TWRP to flash gapps. TWRP installs but crashes when launched.

Any ideas about what to do now? I haven't got a clue anymore...

Try to flash pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip or pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip

https://yadi.sk/d/at_DgLhbfXUfp/5.0.1 GApps Packages

Someone I know has the same problem, so it seems like this is a bug in xiaomi's update. I'll try installing pa_gapps and see if that works.

The problem is not that there are nog gapps there, the problem is that the official update broke the gapps that were already on there.

I too cannot flash a custom recovery... it always reverts back to xiaomi recovery very weird :s

Is there a way to flash a custom rom without custom recovery?

The problem is not that there are nog gapps there, the problem is that the official update broke the gapps that were already on there.

I too cannot flash a custom recovery... it always reverts back to xiaomi recovery very weird :s

Is there a way to flash a custom rom without custom recovery?
install our rom via Updater app or MiRecovery

I had gapps on my MI2 for the last two years running the standard Xiaomi development updates without any problems. Didn't figure this update would give me that much trouble, but it did. I installed your ROM with the updater app and it works fine now. Still, whats the deal with CWM and TWRP crashing on the standard Miui V6?

I had gapps on my MI2 for the last two years running the standard Xiaomi development updates without any problems. Didn't figure this update would give me that much trouble, but it did. I installed your ROM with the updater app and it works fine now. Still, whats the deal with CWM and TWRP crashing on the standard Miui V6?
Please check my thread here:
[Device Team] How to get Custom Recoveries working again on Mi 2/2S with MIUI 6
http://en.miui.com/thread-102413-1-1.html

Thanks for the recovery instructions!

And thanks ingbrzy, flashing your rom solved the problem here as well, thanks a lot! :)