Vaccum styj02ym

errors

Members
Jul 3, 2018
Hi, i've acquired the Xaiomi Mi Vacuum / Mop recently, but i can't connect to the Mi Home app, the vacuum is global version, i'm connecting to and 2,4 GHz WiFi network and using the Chinese Mainland servers, using an android phone it won't detect the vacuum, using the iPhone it detects and sometimes says its added but wont appear on the app. Can someone help me?

hi !

we had same problem, it seems we can only connect to " USA servers " to have then a correct setup that's helpful with MiHome / XiaoMi Home.

on Jul. 16th errors wrote:
Hi, i've acquired the Xaiomi Mi Vacuum / Mop recently, but i can't connect to the Mi Home app, the vacuum is global version, i'm connecting to and 2,4 GHz WiFi network and using the Chinese Mainland servers, using an android phone it won't detect the vacuum, using the iPhone it detects and sometimes says its added but wont appear on the app. Can someone help me?

Last edited:
I've change to the Portuguese server, because the vaccum is the global version it only connects to the non chinese servers. Now it works fine but now i have two Mihome apps :) one for the chinese servers and other for the global servers.

possible you may have duplicate app [ dual app and active 2nd profile ]

on Jul. 16th errors wrote:
I've change to the Portuguese server, because the vaccum is the global version it only connects to the non chinese servers. Now it works fine but now i have two Mihome apps :) one for the chinese servers and other for the global servers.

I also bought a Mop Pro and the Global version is the V8 and the Chinese version is the V7, thats the reason why you cant connect the vacuum to the Chinese Server, Globarl versions are not the same has the Chinese.
I tried to connect to the Chinese server to see if i could update the firmware because the V7 version is more advanced in features, thanks to constant firmware updates, but i couldnt. I google a little bit and then i discovered that there are two versions of the STYJ02YM.

Hi everyone,
I bought a Xiaomi Mijia STYJ02YM robot vacuum cleaner from AliExpress. It works great, however I can't connect it to wifi or the Mi Home app.
I can get to the stage where I enter the wifi SSID and password (it's a 2.4GHz network with no special characters in either the network name or password), but after connecting to the vacuum's wifi network, the next step always fails.
The message is 'Bring phone closer to device and retry', and 'Failed to send message' below.

I have the settings on chinese mainland but it still not works. Any idea's?