Very Bad Call Quality On Mi3

Nov 21, 2014
Hi! I've been having this problem for around an year.I only use ROMs from xiaomi.eu....i have tried both stable and developer....currently i am with the latest developer rom. People complain that they can't hear me clearly....some say they hear me like a robot speaking...while others say that the sound is interrupting.Like i said it is not always happening....for example from 5 calls......2 will be OK. I found that when i restart my phone the first 2-3 calls have no problems....but soon the problem appears again.I wanted to switch off the second microphone... there used to be such function in the previous versions....but now i can't find it. I've read a lot and there are a lot of people with Xiaomi phones complaining from this issue.I am almost sure that it is a software problem,because after restarting the first calls are OK. Is there any solution for it.I would be very gratefull!

Same here. People often complain they cannot hear me or the quality is very bad. Happens randomly.

So far, I wasn't able to find a solution. I also think it is related to the second microphone, but there is no option to swith it off.

Anyone with a solution ?

I have the same issue, my Mi 3 64gb WCDMA it's a great phone,it has 3 year , but this is a big problem. I can't find new mic on ebay, someone have tested other Rom?
Maybe it's a hardware and software bug

Okay, this isn't only mic issue. It could be transmittal aerial. I have same problem and I didn't replaced mic.
My voice is received by half of send packets. I am using 3g, then I switch to 2g and quality is great, for a while. After few minutes or hours I have to switch bac kto 3g, reboot phone, call to somebody, end a call and switch to 2g to get good quality... I can't check it now because I have a lot of work but I will.

Hello again, I am testing this issue. I think that it is a software issue. At the moment I've installed a nitrogen os. I will test it for about a week. Now I have passed 3 days with this rom and all seems to be ok. If it will be software issue I will try to solve it, or just I will back to old miui version...

I upgrade every week the MI3 with the Miui Multi language , every release have this bug ?
Strange?

Why? In one of an updates Xiaomi has changed some code. Mext updates doesn't overwrote it because nobody coded it. There will be one version which made that bug and every other update will have it upon somebody will fix it.
XiaomiEU roms are full rom but changes every week are small.

I think no, because nobody will care about our mi3... I have no time to solve this because:
Work,
Every miui flash on 6.0.x counts for 1h-1,5h (I dunno which version is retarded... so 10-20h for flashing on 90 degrees will destroy my phone... I am still on nitrogen.) If somebody knows how to flash those roms in 5 mins (it should be 5 mins!!!) I could do something about it.

I flashed the latest Stable Global Rom via Fastboot method.....and the problem is HERE again....I'm tired of changing roms to find a solution....waiting for the new OnePlus 5 to be released.....

Someone have to make a good logcat from this, since I'm not on miui, even I cannot flash any rom via miflash...

Hello again, I am testing this issue. I think that it is a software issue. At the moment I've installed a nitrogen os. I will test it for about a week. Now I have passed 3 days with this rom and all seems to be ok. If it will be software issue I will try to solve it, or just I will back to old miui version...
Hello.. Did you face the issue with nitrogen so?