Resolved Vibrate on mute setting not saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endogen

Members
Mar 11, 2012
Hi

at work i usually set my phone to mute - long pressing power button and then choosing mute. But i want that my phone vibrates if there is a call or SMS or whatever. Ok so i go to the settings, choose sound, and then "mute-mode" (or something like that, i am using a german version, so the names will be different). There i can choose between vibrate, nothing (off?) and mute.
So here i choose vibrate and everything is as i want it to be.

But the problem is, i have to do this every time i set the phone to mute. Shouldn't be this option saved?

Your activating the "hard mute", that disables everything.

Just pull down the status bar, and disable sound. That'll turn off all noises, but keep vibrate on. I think thats what you want instead of MUTE.

Well, that's the problem. If i do that, i also end up with the same situation: Vibrating is off, which means that i have to set vibrating on again! This is for sure a bug (in my mind)

Strange. Maybe there is something up. Give this week's build (2.4.27) a shot and report back.

Still the same problem. The settings look differently (there were some changes) but this problem still exists.

Hello,I think you can do like this to solve the problem which you want to solve.
settings→Status bar →Customize toggles'position.
You will see a Silent button and a Vibrate button,then touch Vibrate button,it will be opened.
Last,silence Silent button make it appear in the Notifications(silent down the top of the screen ).You can touch the Silent button to change the phone is vibrate or not vibrate.
I hope that can make you understand of my poor English.

Response for Xiaomi.

That really works :) Thanks. Still i feel like this is somehow broken but yeah, this way it works like i want it to

im pretty sure over the coming weeks as bugs get pointed out as so the bugs will get fixed eventually.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.