Video Stuttering In Google Photo

pfornaro

Members
May 4, 2018
Hi guys, I'm writing here because I have a very strange issue: I'm on Xiaomi.eu 9.5.8.0 stable and just yesterday I noticed that when I play EVERY video stored in my Google Photos it's practically unwatchable because it stutters a lot missing a lot of frames during the playback.
Is someone other experiencing something like this? Should I enable/disable some option in developer settings?

I've already tried to disable MIUI Optimization, and set the system memory optimization from medium to low without success.

Are you sure man? I mean it csn be noticed especially in videos when you move a lot your camera. What could I docto fix this annoying bug?

Are you sure man? I mean it csn be noticed especially in videos when you move a lot your camera. What could I docto fix this annoying bug?
My videos are all locally stored, even if played through google photos. Could it be that you're playing network backed up one so it's streaming instead of playing locally? And does it play normally in other player apps?

Ok, I checked and the issue is still there even if I try to download one video and open it with Google Photos app. Instead, if I open them with My Video or with MIUI Gallery they don't have any kind of stuttering.
Also, even my brother's Redmi Note 4 has the same issue.

Ok, I checked and the issue is still there even if I try to download one video and open it with Google Photos app. Instead, if I open them with My Video or with MIUI Gallery they don't have any kind of stuttering.
Also, even my brother's Redmi Note 4 has the same issue.
So that might be google photos issue instead of phone issue.