Invalid Wallet not working / can't grant SMS permission to Google Play Services

maksz

Members
Jan 8, 2019
I cleared Google Play Service data and now when I open Google Wallet it asks to grant SMS permission to GMS but there is no such option.
How to fix this? Some ADB tricks?
POCO X4 Pro 5G/VEUXG
xiaomi.eu 14.0.3.0
1699170822310.jpgScreenshot_2023-11-05-08-59-09-081_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Edit: added text for search engines
This app won't work properly unless you allow Google Play services' request to access the following: SMS To continue, open Settings, then Permissions, and allow all listed items.

Last edited:
Apparently, GMS requires regular SMS related permissions. Run these to fix the error.
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.READ_SMS
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.SEND_SMS
But I was only following an official Google's guide which recommended clearing GMS data, not tinkering, so the situation where a user can't (re)grant required permissions from the phones GUI is a design flaw. Is it xiaomi.eu who disables permission management for system apps?

Reactions: -=Guybrush=-
Apparently, GMS requires regular SMS related permissions. Run these to fix the error.
Code:
But I was only following an official Google's guide which recommended clearing GMS data, not tinkering, so the situation where a user can't (re)grant required permissions from the phones GUI is a design flaw. Is it xiaomi.eu who disables permission management for system apps?
where did you put this line of command? im trying to resolve the same problem

Code:
What for do you need those permissions for GMS?
You got a popup with that error or you read somewhere about that

I don't have them, never added them and my Google Play Services works excellent - logging to Google services, location, Playstore, Wallet

What for do you need those permissions for GMS?
You got a popup with that error or you read somewhere about that

I don't have them, never added them and my Google Play Services works excellent - logging to Google services, location, Playstore, Wallet
i need to open the google wallet every time is asking me that permission, i already try though setting>play services but i don't see the permission tab

edit: i can open every google app expect wallet

i need to open the google wallet every time is asking me that permission, i already try though setting>play services but i don't see the permission tab

edit: i can open every google app expect wallet
Strange - my Wallet opens with no problem and I pay by NFC

You cannot find adb.shell.com.androif.gms on the PC - it's a service on the phone

For adb, make sure that adb debugging is enabled on the phone
so what i do?
Strange - my Wallet opens with no problem and I pay by NFC
me too before this general problem with the custom rom by google, rn i cant open it without having this message appear

so what i do?

me too before this general problem with the custom rom by google, rn i cant open it without having this message appear
For: What to do (how to use adb)?
There are good guides on Internet how to setup for ADB (Developer options, Enable ADB debugging, and then PC must be authorized for ADB on that phone).
So google about

Or see post #13 and use Hidden Settings app