What happens if you do "fastboot flashing lock" after installing custom rom?

swifter8638

Members
Dec 17, 2022
Greetings, i have been researching this exact topic for a while and would like to know if anybody here has actually tried it and what the outcome was as afaik, doing so in Google Pixel devices automatically whitelists the signature of the custom rom, allowing it to boot in the yellow state.

Greetings, i have been researching this exact topic for a while and would like to know if anybody here has actually tried it and what the outcome was as afaik, doing so in Google Pixel devices automatically whitelists the signature of the custom rom, allowing it to boot in the yellow state.
Hard bootloop or edl, if you lock bootloader with custom rom, rip phone

swifter8638

Global devices - you must not lock the bootloader with a Chinese ROM or a custom ROM
Chinese devices - you must not lock the bootloader with Global ROM or custom ROM.

I get that yet has anybody am asking if anybody here ever tried doing so and what end result they got
Why would someone try? It's gonna kill your phone I seen people who accidentally did it and had to either pay for it to get repair and send it in for repair

Why would someone try? It's gonna kill your phone I seen people who accidentally did it and had to either pay for it to get repair and send it in for repair
Why'd anybody have to pay for repair even if the device gets bricked due to complications such as that? It is not like fastboot will just stop existing, yes?

Why'd anybody have to pay for repair even if the device gets bricked due to complications such as that? It is not like fastboot will just stop existing, yes?
I think you need some special code to un brick it and you can't find it on the internet. Only phone services have acces to it. But I'm not sure, I remember that I read that on this forum