What Has Happened To My Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro Prime? Unresponsive

RapidDevil

Members
Apr 28, 2017
Hello All,

I purchased my Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro prime (3GB RAM/32GB ROM) version a short while ago, It is approximately 2 months old. Up until this point it has worked flawlessly.

24 hours or so ago when I went to the phone, it was completely unresponsive as per the following photo. (please ignore the reflection of me taking the photo at the bottom).
Xiaomi Problem custom.jpg

I purposely haven't attempted to do anything with the phone until 5 minutes ago, when I was hoping removing the sim card would fix, sadly it made no difference.

This is difficult to describe but the 'powered by android' at the bottom, the 3 dots are lighting up one after another constantly, as if the phone is loading something.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what version the ROM is as I cannot get into the phone. It was supposedly the official global. I purchased from this link click here.

Can anybody help my identifying the problem and providing a fix? I'm praying that it hasn't become the dreaded 'brick'.

Thanks in advance.

Please hold Power button + vol up for a while.

Thanks for the reply. What does that actually do?

About an hour before your post my phone ran out of battery. when I put it back on charge it then allowed it's self to reboot and the issue was solved.

If what you suggested fixes the issue also, this is very useful to know in case it happens again.

Thank you.

Please consider this issue resolved.

I've been a similar situation, just hold down the power button for 20 seconds or more, the problem will be solved

Sorry for my bad English

Reactions: RapidDevil