What should i think about before i flash the phone, so i don't brick it?

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Since i didn't get any answers i might as well try here :)

I've been using your roms ever since i bought my Redmi 4 Prime, and it has been working like a charm, so thank you for that!

But today purchased a Redmi note 5! :D

The thing is that i remember when I bought my Redmi 4 Prime, I had to wait like 2 days until I could unlock my bootloader.
Now I read that I have to wait like 30 (720 hours( days to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi note 5.. :/

And since that i've been reading on about the Redmi note 5, and that it has an Antirollback thingy... But have a few stupid question (don't judge me) :p

1.When will the countdown for the 720 hours begin? Is it when I sign in with my MIUI account on the phone?

2.What happens with my Redmi 4 Prime when I login using the same MIUI account on the Redmi note 5?
Will it somehow interfere with my current phone?

3.How does that antirollback thingy works? Let say that I get a ROM full of bloatwares when I receive the phone (many phones are full of bloatwares in Aliexpress), can't I, after I have unlocked the bootloader, flash it to Xiaomi.EU ROM? Or will it brick when I do that? I would really like to have your ROM instead of the "original" MIUI since its full of ads and bloatwares..
And let say that I install Xiaomi.EU ROM, is it possible for me to later flash to a custom ROM? I won't likely do it, but still good to know. :)

Since i didn't get any answers i might as well try here :)

1.When will the countdown for the 720 hours begin? Is it when I sign in with my MIUI account on the phone?

When you try to unlock the bootloader.

2.What happens with my Redmi 4 Prime when I login using the same MIUI account on the Redmi note 5?
Will it somehow interfere with my current phone?

It won't interfere with anything.

3.How does that antirollback thingy works? Let say that I get a ROM full of bloatwares when I receive the phone (many phones are full of bloatwares in **********), can't I, after I have unlocked the bootloader, flash it to Xiaomi.EU ROM? Or will it brick when I do that? I would really like to have your ROM instead of the "original" MIUI since its full of ads and bloatwares..
And let say that I install Xiaomi.EU ROM, is it possible for me to later flash to a custom ROM? I won't likely do it, but still good to know. :)

ARB only affects the official ROMs. xiaomi.eu ROMs and others do not trigger it.

2.What happens with my Redmi 4 Prime when I login using the same MIUI account on the Redmi note 5? Will it somehow interfere with my current phone?[/QUOTE said:
It won't interfere it will nicely integrate it's content with your new device, contacts, messages, notes etc.

Once unlocked you can flash every custom ROM you want, just make sure it's one for your device that's all. So don't flash a Redmi Note Rom on a Redmi Prime device.

With a fresh device in your hands you have a nice opportunity to go and test a few different ROMS before you settle on one.