New When receiving calls I cannot hear anything, when using Norwegian language

Jun 1, 2013
Bug: When I receive calls I can't hear what the person in the other line is saying. I have to activate "Speaker", then deactivate it again, and then I hear everything. It happens only if someone calls me, not if I call them.

Version: "V6.11.2.0.KXDCNBJ (Stable)
Phone: Xiaomi Mi4 16 GB FDD LTE

How to reproduce the bug:
1. Switch to Norwegian language and restart the phone
2. Receive a phone call
3. Answer
4. Can't hear anything
5. Activate speaker
6. Deactivate speaker
7. You can now hear everything

I found that this works correctly with English language, but when changing to Norwegian language and restarting the phone, this happens. And the same thing happens if you select Norwegian language the first time you're setting up the phone.

Bug: When I receive calls I can't hear what the person in the other line is saying. I have to activate "Speaker", then deactivate it again, and then I hear everything. It happens only if someone calls me, not if I call them.

2. Receive a phone call
3. Answer
4. Can't hear anything
5. Activate speaker
6. Deactivate speaker

I found that this works correctly with English language, but when changing to Norwegian language and restarting the phone, this happens. And the same thing happens if you select Norwegian language the first time you're setting up the phone.
there is no official ROM with norwegian language. you using custom made/modified ROM.thats why you have bugs/problems .better install official ROM and use english.
it seems they still have only china official ROM for mi 4 :/ http://en.miui.com/download-240.html that means no play store installed.you need to root phone to install it..maybe later they will release india,n ROM for download(same as for mi3) and there will be play store out of the box

2. Receive a phone call
3. Answer
4. Can't hear anything
5. Activate speaker
6. Deactivate speaker

This ROM is not made by us.. but by shop which sell it.. it contains a lot of bugs and no updates...

install our Multilang version and it will be fine...

Last edited:
Reactions: cpasmoi
have kind of the same problem..

i'm on miui version: 6.4.1.0(KXDCNCB) stable
Mi4 16gb fdd lte

have english language, but have the same problem, cannot hear person calling. it works normally about 5/10 times but very often i have to activate loudspeaker to hear.

what miui version should i install ? my phone is useless now.

have kind of the same problem..

i'm on miui version: 6.4.1.0(KXDCNCB) stable
Mi4 16gb fdd lte

have english language, but have the same problem, cannot hear person calling. it works normally about 5/10 times but very often i have to activate loudspeaker to hear.

what miui version should i install ? my phone is useless now.
i see most people love bugs/glitches.just download and install official global rom and everything will be fine
en.miui.com/download-240.html#368

Reactions: Geir Rodne
that solved it... but another problem turned up... extremely unstable cellular signal, both /edge/gsm/wcdma/lte. Signal jumps up and down

that solved it... but another problem turned up... extremely unstable cellular signal, both /edge/gsm/wcdma/lte. Signal jumps up and down
maybe you have china phone version and not global LTE version?they have different networks.you can try instlal china version.but it doesnt have play store.you will have to root and it can cause bugs again..you did "erase all data" before installing in boot menu?

maybe you have china phone version and not global LTE version?they have different networks.you can try instlal china version.but it doesnt have play store.you will have to root and it can cause bugs again..you did "erase all data" before installing in boot menu?

no, i have the mi 4lte-cu, this is supposed to be the global lte version

oh wait.maybe problem with network?and old ROM didn,t show correctly that its "jumping" and thats why you had problems with calls?

I have the same problem: no sound through earpiece when incoming call was received.
if switch on/switch off speaker - earpiece activates.
MI 4 WCDMA 16GB / MIUI 6.1.21 by xiaomi.eu / Russian language
You found the solution of this problem?
sorry for my english.