Where to place custom notification sounds

Nov 28, 2010
for stock android its just /sdcard/media/notifications, but I have not been able to locate the equivalent in MIUI. I thought it would match up like the ringtones did. stock android uses /sdcard/media/ringtones while miui uses MIUI/ringtone MIUI does not recognize anything in MIUI/notification. Any help would be appreciated. Using 1.6.24 on an Inspire 4G (Desire HD)

May 13, 2011
I just press menu, other, then music whilst in notifications. Choose whatever the hell you like. Menu again allows to sort by album, artost or song name.

Nov 28, 2010
Although that technically works, I have about 4500 songs on my phone so trying to find a single ringtone file in there would take forever. That's why I am curious to the file path that MIUI can recognize.

Nov 7, 2010
Just put your ringtones, notifications or alarms files in /sdcard/MIUI/ringtone, that'll do the trick! Now they will appear in Theme manager options.

Nov 28, 2010
The ones I placed in that path are only viewable when selecting ringtones, not when selecting notifications, both in theme manager (which only lets me select default values) and throughout apps.