Which Android 4.4.4 based rom to choose?

Which Android 4.4.4 based rom to choose?

• Total voters

bomtempo

Members
Mar 16, 2013
My MI2 is a little bit slow and the battery life isn't as good as it was 8 months ago. Besides, my GPS suddenly stopped working properly. So, I've decided to wipe my phone and to install a Android 4.4.4 based ROM... My question is:

Which Android 4.4.4 based rom to choose? And why?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody can't tell you what ROM you have to flash on your phone.
You have to try and find the one you like most.
Obviously if you like a lot MIUI you have to try WIUI.
You could activate True Dual Boot and flash a "stable" ROM on one of systems and try other ROMS on the other system (but you can't do that with XperianPro's Cyanogen 'cause it doesn't support TDB).

Man, I have some noob doubts.. could you help me?
I'll probally try Wiui ROM, what do I have to do? Step by step.

Until now I'm using the ROMS posted here, in the weekly releases. If I want to move to WIUI, I have to wipe my phone, right? How should I do that? And what's ClockworkMod Recovery?

Man, I have some noob doubts.. could you help me?
I'll probally try Wiui ROM, what do I have to do? Step by step.

Until now I'm using the ROMS posted here, in the weekly releases. If I want to move to WIUI, I have to wipe my phone, right? How should I do that? And what's ClockworkMod Recovery?
Yes, if you jump from different ROM you need to wipe your phone (wipe data on recovery).
If you flash WIUI you can use the Backup app of MIUI to save your datas and apps and restore it on WIUI.
To do the wipes (data, cache, davik cache etc.) or formats (system, data etc.) you have to flash the ClockWorkMod that is an alternative recovery that allows you to a lot of things (flash ROMS, do full backups (Nandroid backup), manage both systems, enable TrueDualBoot etc.).

You have to follow the guides on the open posts of CWM and WIUI KK.

Reactions: bomtempo
My view on all 4.4.4 ROMS:

1)Stability + Battery Life -------> AOSP Ivan
2)Stability + Battery Life + ROM Features + Official Updates ------------> Official Mokee
3)Stability + ROM Features + Performance + Battery life(Not as good as above) -----------> Moonlight's LS and Carbon
4)ROM Features + Performance + Kernel Features -------------------> XperianPro CM
(You will have some force closes and battery life is not that good compared to above 3)
5)ROM Features + Performance + Official Updates--------------> Official CM
6)Love MiUi --------------> Wajk Wiui (performance is not that good)

Performance* = Speed and smoothness
ROM Features* = customization of ROM viz., Active Display, Hover etc
Kernel Features* = customizatio of Kernel viz., Under-volt over-clocking etc
Stability* = No random reboots, no force closes, no undefined behaviour
Battery life* = Depends on usage

I had try Mokee, but when i flash Gapps pack (4.4) of CM rom, Play store and google keyboard be crashed. Can someone give a Gapps pack compatible with Mokee rom?

I had try Mokee, but when i flash Gapps pack (4.4) of CM rom, Play store and google keyboard be crashed. Can someone give a Gapps pack compatible with Mokee rom?
I use Minimal Banks Gapps but I don't know why his thread on xda is closed.

My MI2 is a little bit slow and the battery life isn't as good as it was 8 months ago. Besides, my GPS suddenly stopped working properly. So, I've decided to wipe my phone and to install a Android 4.4.4 based ROM... My question is:

Which Android 4.4.4 based rom to choose? And why?

Thanks in advance!

Choose Ivan's Code_aurora latest AOSP build. It is good in terms of Battery Life & Stability.

If you are not convinced with my answer, have a look at the following pics.
241qouv.png

2r6cjsp.png

qzja0n.jpg

Hope this will make your decision easier on which ROM to choose... I am very happy with this ROM. I am using 3000mAh Battery now.

Choose Ivan's Code_aurora latest AOSP build. It is good in terms of Battery Life & Stability.

241qouv.png

2r6cjsp.png

qzja0n.jpg

Hope this will make your decision easier on which ROM to choose... I am very happy with this ROM. I am using 3000mAh Battery now.

Can you give us download link for the rom? Thx

241qouv.png

2r6cjsp.png

qzja0n.jpg

Hey Manohar,
Excuse me, how did you get this result? What settings do you have?

Than you have to figure out, what is draining your battery.

Screenshot_2014-09-11-12-35-17.png Screenshot_2014-09-11-12-35-07.png

I have 5hrs on screen with standard battery.

How do I know what is the program or resource that drain my battery? Which do I choose between WAKELOCK DETECTOR, BETTERBATTERYSTATS and AUTOSTARTS? Or others?