Which File And Version To Download For Miui 8 - Redmi Note 2

Janus

Members
Nov 21, 2016
Whats up guys and gals, I'm saying hello from all the way in Jamaica, the caribbean. Big up unnu self.

I have a Redmi Note 2, not sure how to identify it, but it has this under the battery.

TD-LTE xxxxxxxxx
CIMIT ID: 2015CP2373

Its running MIUI 7 ( miui 5.10.16 | Weekly), I got it like that when I bought it from China. I rooted it after I got it and installed TWRP. I like Android Marshmallow, and find that the closest I can get is a developer rom of MIUI 8 with some features of marshmallow. I searched the forums and want to download the multi MIUI 8 6.11.17 or something stable if it isnt.

I can't post the page link cause this is my first post, but its a page with a lot of files for different devices, but I can't tell which file is for my redmi note 2.

Also, I am not sure if this is the most stable, bug free version of MIUI 8 for my device, and I don't know which file on the page is for my device. Can anyone spend a minute and give me a few pointers? I'll be very happy if you can.

Welcome!
For Redmi Note 2 you have to grab the files whose name contains HMNote2.
To identify you phone go to Settings->About phone and look at the Model Number.

I think that you should get the stable version.
You can find in the MIUIv8 subdirectory starting from the link to the page on www.androidfilehost.com
The current stable version is v8.0.2.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll give it a go and see how I luck out. Really appreciate your time.