Which Miui?

chrisb1977

Members
Feb 12, 2012
Hi I am new to Miui. I've tried custom Samsung ROMs, CM7 and an ICS build which will become CM9 but I have not tried Miui yet. My question is which Miui to try, what are the main differences? I've seen different versions on XDA developers site and a Google search brought even more versions, it was Google that led me here.
I have a Galaxy S I9000.

Thanks.

Oh and does 720p recording/playback work?

Hi I am new to Miui. I've tried custom Samsung ROMs, CM7 and an ICS build which will become CM9 but I have not tried Miui yet. My question is which Miui to try, what are the main differences? I've seen different versions on XDA developers site and a Google search brought even more versions, it was Google that led me here.
I have a Galaxy S I9000.

Thanks.

Oh and does 720p recording/playback work?

I'd highly recommend flashing it to get the best idea of how good the user interface is. We dont modify anything massively for the ROM other than perfecting the English translation, this has been done by this web site for almost 2 years and counting. :)

Give it a go, you wont be disappointed. Not sure on 720p, im sure someone else will confirm yes or no for you.

Mark

The only thing putting me off installing is losing the fantastic battery life I currently get. I easily get 16+ hrs thats with 3hrs screen on time with 3g on and all syncs. I'm currently running stock 2.3.5 JVT and semaphore 2.4.0 kernel, no OC or UV.

The only thing putting me off installing is losing the fantastic battery life I currently get. I easily get 16+ hrs thats with 3hrs screen on time with 3g on and all syncs. I'm currently running stock 2.3.5 JVT and semaphore 2.4.0 kernel, no OC or UV.

Well for your piece of mind, i have a I9000, and i was part of the Rom Kitchen team so you have my word also, i have been using miui since Aug 2011 and i have not looked back since. Another Rom Kitchen member used to run miui few months back and experienced poor battery life, two weeks ago he gave miuiandroid rom another go and he is overwhelmed by the battery life and now miui android rom is his daily driver.

Regards

P.S. Give it a shot like Mark say's, let it sit for a few days and give us your feedback

All installed, all apps and Widgets etc setup. So far happy with the ROM. Its smooth and quick, maybe time to look at themes but no rush for that. Will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Reactions: MarkHUK and Pele
Well after a few days use I am very happy with this rom! I love how much I can customize everything. One question though, when I try to download certain things from the market I get a notification saying download size requires wifi. Is there a setting somewhere so I can download anything over my normal network?

Well after a few days use I am very happy with this rom! I love how much I can customize everything. One question though, when I try to download certain things from the market I get a notification saying download size requires wifi. Is there a setting somewhere so I can download anything over my normal network?

Hi Chris,

Im glad your happy with it :)

as for the download certain things from market question. MIUI has a feature that you can set if you wish to download files over wifi only or wifi and mobile network.

If you open the downloads app, you will see the option > Download using WIFI On/Off

Basically this is just so you stay in control of what you are using to download files, especially large files, which you should normally download over wifi connection rather than mobile network.

Regards