Which version of the phone to buy for Europe?

Mario007

Members
Jul 2, 2014
Hi guys, I've been researching the Hongmi 1s and the various versions it offers but I want to double check something with you. If I want to buy the phone so that it'll work in Europe and have 3G I should go for the WCDMA version, correct?

Hi guys, I've been researching the Hongmi 1s and the various versions it offers but I want to double check something with you. If I want to buy the phone so that it'll work in Europe and have 3G I should go for the WCDMA version, correct?
WCDMA

As ingbrzy wrote, you should buy a wcdma version. I also advice you to check which frequency your network provider uses, just to be sure you won't have problems. According to device specs, this phone will only work with GSM+WCDMA network
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
WCDMA 900/2100MHz.
No LTE.

Thanks guys.s Where I can check out what country supports what bands. I'm mostly looking into Italy and UK and wether they'd have the WCDMA frequencies listed above.

Any problems with the SIM slot 2? Does the friend get any 3G data?
EE/Orange/O2 etc?

Thanks

I'm using my 1S in the UK on the O2 network.

3G works brilliantly, signal goes up to H+ which is as fast as you can get without going to 4G (which my sim, but NOT this phone, supports). And it feels very fast, helped by the quad core processor that makes it all feel very snappy!

I just use one sim in the sim 1 slot, so not aware of any issues with sim 2 slot...

Cheers