Why Isn't It Clear That Xiaomi.eu Is An Unofficial/3rd-party Organisation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicDan

Members
Jul 24, 2012
Hi Xiaomi.eu team,

I've been an MIUI fan/user/hacker/porter since this site was miuiandroid.com. I doubt any would remember but I used to work on the MIUI Australia fork with lenny_kano a long time ago, I worked on Sony ports and he did a lot of the hardcore mods. Not trying to toot my horn - just saying I've been around since MIUI 2 days on GB/ICS.

Anyway, ever since those early days, members have come to miuiandroid.com/xiaomi.eu asking for official support, thinking that this is an official place to do so. Since the rename to Xiaomi.eu it's even more difficult for users to tell that this is in fact an unofficial site.

I know it say at the top "The pure MIUI project" and there is the sticky thread "How is this different to miui.com", but nothing explicitly states that this site is NOT officially affiliated with Xiaomi.eu.

Half the threads I see are questions that would be better suited to miui.com support, and threads can go on for days and in circles because users asking questions are under the assumption that this is an official channel and that you guys have all the answers.

So what is the reason for keeping the affiliation (or lack thereof) ambiguous and unspoken? Is this some kind of aggressive business strategy to try and make Xiaomi official realize that it's in their best interests to reach out and work out a deal with your guys? Because that's the only reason I can think of this confusion.

Something official would be nice to hear, though I respect the right of the staff to refrain from divulging their intent. It's frustrated how many threads there are that can just be answered with "Doesn't belong here, ask at miui.com". Also the number of unanswered threads could look bad.

Cheers.

Hi Xiaomi.eu team,

I've been an MIUI fan/user/hacker/porter since this site was miuiandroid.com. I doubt any would remember but I used to work on the MIUI Australia fork with lenny_kano a long time ago, I worked on Sony ports and he did a lot of the hardcore mods. Not trying to toot my horn - just saying I've been around since MIUI 2 days on GB/ICS.

We have all been around a long time, no doubt about it, then you should know who we are, same as the thousands of other users who come here. We in no way claim to be anything other than what we are, a respected MIUI / Xiaomi community with over 7 years of trust behind us.

Anyway, ever since those early days, members have come to miuiandroid.com/xiaomi.eu asking for official support, thinking that this is an official place to do so. Since the rename to Xiaomi.eu it's even more difficult for users to tell that this is in fact an unofficial site.

That rename occurred a long time ago (4 years ago), Dan, therefore I do not see what you are trying to gain from that statement? Thinking is a subjective thing, your thinking is not the same as another persons. I believe that now MIUI has matured over 7 years the people in the community as not that silly/foolish to think anything other than what we actually are, a community much like any other out there. Our standing with the official company has never been in dispute, we have a good relationship far and wide.

I know it say at the top "The pure MIUI project" and there is the sticky thread "How is this different to miui.com", but nothing explicitly states that this site is NOT officially affiliated with Xiaomi.eu.

While you say that, please see the comments I made above that, nothing we do is made to look like we are an official site, however the community is established and large here, what can I say? we do not deserve it as a community?

Half the threads I see are questions that would be better suited to miui.com support, and threads can go on for days and in circles because users asking questions are under the assumption that this is an official channel and that you guys have all the answers.

Some of the questions may well be posted here and also en.miui.com - no problem about that, same as other fan sites in France, Germany etc, there is nothing wrong with that. Again, the assumption is subjective according to the person involved. It is your opinion, only that.

So what is the reason for keeping the affiliation (or lack thereof) ambiguous and unspoken? Is this some kind of aggressive business strategy to try and make Xiaomi official realize that it's in their best interests to reach out and work out a deal with your guys? Because that's the only reason I can think of this confusion.

No unspoken words of our affiliation, 7 years of affiliation and support both ways with Xiaomi, Beijing. I do not understand what it is you wish to achieve with this? We have been here a long time and no one else is complaining. We have done a lot for the community, for MIUI in Europe and much wider away.

Something official would be nice to hear, though I respect the right of the staff to refrain from divulging their intent. It's frustrated how many threads there are that can just be answered with "Doesn't belong here, ask at miui.com". Also the number of unanswered threads could look bad.

Cheers.

I can see clearly why you made the post, is someone not replying to your messages? If so then sorry for that but its the same at the official MIUI forums as well, again, we do not claim to be anything other than what we are.

Thanks,

Mark

Dan, anything further on this topic, you can discuss it on a PM with me, hopefully my responses are sufficient anyway. I've closed the thread to prevent others commenting on irrelevant postings. I just would like you to think about what you are posting about the site when we are here many years and everyone involved knows our position.

Thanks,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.