Wifi Tethering Issue

marco.it

Members
Mar 25, 2016
Hi there;

I flashed MIUI 8 (8.0.1.0 LH0CNDG) stable rom as I thought my tethering issues were bugs from weekly ROMs. The thing is that I still have the same problems:

I can connect my laptop to the WiFi hotspot of my RedMi but the laptop hasn't internet connection. Windows 10 show a yellow error icon besides the WiFi icon on the system tray.

If I reboot once or twice the phone, sometimes I get internet access. I checked on several laptops and it's the same issue on all of them... so its something from the RedMi.

Thank you for your help!

Hi there;

I flashed MIUI 8 (8.0.1.0 LH0CNDG) stable rom as I thought my tethering issues were bugs from weekly ROMs. The thing is that I still have the same problems:

I can connect my laptop to the WiFi hotspot of my RedMi but the laptop hasn't internet connection. Windows 10 show a yellow error icon besides the WiFi icon on the system tray.

If I reboot once or twice the phone, sometimes I get internet access. I checked on several laptops and it's the same issue on all of them... so its something from the RedMi.

Thank you for your help!
I use wifi hotspot extensively but never found the problem

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk