Will Android version 4.2 Jelly Bean m2 for Xiaomi?

ispand

Members
Mar 21, 2013

In Spanish forums rumored Xiaomi m2 that will not have an update to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean? Is that true? It seems very unfair and Spanish forums are already recommending anyone to buy the Xiaomi m2 will be outdated because in spite of its powerful hardware? What truth is there in that?

I heard the rumor in a Spanish forum that is being ported Cyanogenmod Nexus 4 for Xiaomi m2. Then it may not be necessary for us to be in Miui if this is not updated :)
----
¿Habrá versión de Android 4.2 Jelly Bean para el Xiaomi m2?

En foros españoles se rumorea que el Xiaomi m2 no va a tener una actualización a Android 4.2 Jelly Bean? ¿es eso cierto? Me parece muy injusto y en los foros españoles ya se está recomendando que nadie compre el Xiaomi m2 porque va a quedar desactualizado a pesar de su potente Hardware? ¿Qué hay de verdad en eso?

He ido el rumor en un foro español de que se está portando Cyanogenmod del Nexus 4 al Xiami m2. Quizá entonces no sea necesario para nosotros usar Miui si esta no se actualiza.

what's in 4.2 that's exciting?

Exactly, most updates are interface related and MIUI has it's own interface.
It's the same as 4.1 but with more interface features.
The only big thing is multi user support for tablets and well MIUI is running more on phones then tablets (Nexus 7)

edit:
One more thing to mention is that this question was asked on Google + too with V5 launch.
MIUI answered that v5 will get 4.2 eventually.

I think the most important thing to have an up-to-date phone is having a opensource kernel for it.

I think the most important thing to have an up-to-date phone is having a opensource kernel for it.

Selu

I think both paths is the right way, having a large community to contribuite worth nothing without a few to evolve the kernel and the operational system. Both MIUI and the kernel are not opensource, the only reason that I can think is fear from priracy.

what's in 4.2 that's exciting?
Well, as the owner of a Xiaomi m2 I wish I had my phone updated to the fullest. Android 4.2 is the latest and has been released for months. Miui ROM is the best, should be the last.
I think if Miui worry about having their phones to last, then you may see Android 5 which is about to be launched.
Also, I would like to see a program in my Xiaomi voice recognition as good as the one with the Nexus 4.
------
Pues que como propietario de un Xiaomi m2 me gustaría tener mi teléfono actualizado al máximo. Android 4.2 es lo último y ha sido lanzado hace meses. Miui es la mejor ROM, debería estar a la última.
Pienso que si Miui se preocupa por tener sus teléfonos a la última, entonces quizá vea Android 5 que está a punto de ser lanzado.
Además, me gustaría ver en mi Xiaomi un programa de reconocimiento de voz tan bueno como el que tiene el Nexus 4.

I d0n't have an opinion. I would like to use JB 4.2 in my Xiaomi, but nowadays there are weekly updates of the rom. This is enough for me in this moment.

will be nice the cumulative playstore updates with etas and the expandable notification....even the lockscreens widget would be nice...more personalization on miui

this would be a nine thing but xiaomi didn't said anything about neither 4.2 and 5

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Well yeah, that's why I prefer they skip 4.2 update and go to Key Lime Pie instead. It suck if we got the 4.2 update (after waiting for ages), then Google released the Key Lime Pie.

Well yeah, that's why I prefer they skip 4.2 update and go to Key Lime Pie instead. It suck if we got the 4.2 update (after waiting for ages), then Google released the Key Lime Pie.
this is what happens with every smartphone and tablet non nexus! xD
we are "lucky" because miui is a bit indipendend but latest features was cool...

In Spanish forums rumored Xiaomi m2 that will not have an update to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean? Is that true? It seems very unfair and Spanish forums are already recommending anyone to buy the Xiaomi m2 will be outdated because in spite of its powerful hardware? What truth is there in that?

I heard the rumor in a Spanish forum that is being ported Cyanogenmod Nexus 4 for Xiaomi m2. Then it may not be necessary for us to be in Miui if this is not updated :)
----
¿Habrá versión de Android 4.2 Jelly Bean para el Xiaomi m2?

En foros españoles se rumorea que el Xiaomi m2 no va a tener una actualización a Android 4.2 Jelly Bean? ¿es eso cierto? Me parece muy injusto y en los foros españoles ya se está recomendando que nadie compre el Xiaomi m2 porque va a quedar desactualizado a pesar de su potente Hardware? ¿Qué hay de verdad en eso?

He ido el rumor en un foro español de que se está portando Cyanogenmod del Nexus 4 al Xiami m2. Quizá entonces no sea necesario para nosotros usar Miui si esta no se actualiza.

do you have the link about port nexus 4 for mi2?thx .i don't find it .
Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

agree.

Are you nuts? with opensource kernel we can provide to our community more improovements and port other versions of Android to this great phone. Of course thet Xiaomi is doing a good job fixing bugs and making progress with his interface but we could as a community growl much more faster with opesource kernel and Xiaomi could use those improovements. Take the Apple's iPhone example if they followed Steve Job's first concept it should be web apps and other not so awesome things but thanks to the great work of the Jailbreak community and developers the apps gave orign of SDK, and other enhancements like wifi sync Siri ability to answer other questions, multitasking features and tethering are first developed by jailbreakers.

Reactions: moonbugz
Are you nuts? with opensource kernel we can provide to our community more improovements and port other versions of Android to this great phone. Of course thet Xiaomi is doing a good job fixing bugs and making progress with his interface but we could as a community growl much more faster with opesource kernel and Xiaomi could use those improovements. Take the Apple's iPhone example if they followed Steve Job's first concept it should be web apps and other not so awesome things but thanks to the great work of the Jailbreak community and developers the apps gave orign of SDK, and other enhancements like wifi sync Siri ability to answer other questions, multitasking features and tethering are first developed by jailbreakers.
Does the word ,agree ,have any other meanings in your city ?I just agree with
Selu,Am I make a mistake ?

Reactions: MSephiroth
Opesource kernel is needed
u can image one day , mi2 can flash cm (xperia samsung lg moto...etc) ROM......
that's the most terrible thing if mi2 only can flash MIUIo_O

not only mi-2 but for a capable phone like mi-1 which we still dont know if we are going to get future updates, an open source kernel could give more to those phones, unless of course that xiaomi will support it until the hardware its not capable of running future version of android.

Exactly, most updates are interface related and MIUI has it's own interface.
It's the same as 4.1 but with more interface features.
The only big thing is multi user support for tablets and well MIUI is running more on phones then tablets (Nexus 7)

Google does always change very much under the hood. I don't know if this increases performance but the changes are big :)