Will Redmi Devices Ever Get Upgrades?

Mar 30, 2016
I'm going to buy a Redmi Note 3 Pro but there's one question after I did some research.

Redmi line of devices never get Android updates. That is what I found out. Redmi devices will forever stay on the Android version it came out with. Unlike Mi line of devices like even the Mi3 get updated to Android M. But I doubt that RN3P will ever get it and will forever stay on 5.1. Any thoughts?

Mar 27, 2016
There are rumors stated by Redmi's developer that RMN3P is currently developing Android 6.0, they did a few test though, but don't expect there will be a fast update on Android system since MIUI7 is not really stable yet.

Sep 3, 2014
I'm going to buy a Redmi Note 3 Pro but there's one question after I did some research.

Redmi line of devices never get Android updates. That is what I found out.
You're wrong, Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 1 (including WCDMA, 1S and 4G) all got updates from 4.2 / 4.3 to 4.4. Some days ago Redmi 2 got a developer (for the time being) firmware that updates it from 4.4 to 5.

Mar 30, 2016
You're wrong, Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 1 (including WCDMA, 1S and 4G) all got updates from 4.2 / 4.3 to 4.4. Some days ago Redmi 2 got a developer (for the time being) firmware that updates it from 4.4 to 5.
That's good to know. Maybe the source I read isn't accurate then.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk