Will The Mi Home App Get Fully Translated To English?

Onkey

Members
Oct 18, 2017
i know it’s bad that I only speak English but I’m struggling with Mi Home.

I purchased a Mijia Dafang Camera which seems good although I want to stop it tracking me around the room, or at least only track at night for intruders.
I also would like small video clips to be captured when there is motion and sent to my phone, is this possible?
Thanks

i know it’s bad that I only speak English but I’m struggling with Mi Home.

I purchased a Mijia Dafang Camera which seems good although I want to stop it tracking me around the room, or at least only track at night for intruders.
I also would like small video clips to be captured when there is motion and sent to my phone, is this possible?
Thanks
You should be able to set it up to take a photo if motion is detected, did you look at the Scenes / Scenarios? is the Dafang plugin in Chinese? If so you could post the screenshots here and I will translate the context for you.

As for Mi Home APP in English, most of my work last year was added for the primary UI functions but they did not do the plugins and it seems no one at Xiaomi is handling these now.

Thanks,

Mark

D57B4A92-7474-4977-A441-94B360C57EBD.jpeg
4D4BCF67-DBAD-4459-B1E8-29B0B484439B.jpeg
A7D7D2CC-812D-4543-A866-BC7E336FEEF4.jpeg
457EFDBE-66F6-4DC6-863C-31E1DFDC5EAA.jpeg
EE5DF095-CC2D-46AC-901A-9B2E14893B12.jpeg
FD00A04B-80C8-4F8B-9256-CBB76EBD60BD.jpeg
EDB9046F-AA66-49B2-ADDC-314226036BD7.jpeg
You should be able to set it up to take a photo if motion is detected, did you look at the Scenes / Scenarios? is the Dafang plugin in Chinese? If so you could post the screenshots here and I will translate the context for you.

As for Mi Home APP in English, most of my work last year was added for the primary UI functions but they did not do the plugins and it seems no one at Xiaomi is handling these now.

Thanks,

Mark
Thanks so much for you offer of help. When I first started using the mi home app, not much was in English so I appreciate all the translation work!

That said, I am struggling a little in working out this camera.

Do you know if there is an English manual to use all the features?

The main thing I want to do is to stop it following me around the room all the time. It was cool the first time but now it’s noisy and scares my children. Do you know how to turn that off or limit the auto tracking to only work during certain hours?

I’ve found things by messing around and found that it can create small 15fps video clips when it sees motion which is great for security. And I havent even put an SD in yet. This is great!

I’ll attach some images of what I see in the app on my iPhone. It looks like many menu items don’t display text but the name from the Xcode build so a little confusing. If you could explain what they say then that would be great. It would be amazing if they could add these English text into the app.

Woah... That's all kinds of screwed up. Anyone able to extract the plugin and upload it?

That’s for your help. It’s a cool camera and once I understand it, and if there isn’t one, I don’t mind making an English manual for setup and use t help people but it’s all quite confusing when bits are in English, bits Chineese, and bits of code strings! It would be amazing if the main bits were in English and I could create a nice manual for folk

That’s for your help. It’s a cool camera and once I understand it, and if there isn’t one, I don’t mind making an English manual for setup and use t help people but it’s all quite confusing when bits are in English, bits Chineese, and bits of code strings! It would be amazing if the main bits were in English and I could create a nice manual for folk
Send me high res scans of the manual, i can ask a friend to assist :) also if you can get the plugin code for the dafang, i will try to clean it up! :)

Send me high res scans of the manual, i can ask a friend to assist :) also if you can get the plugin code for the dafang, i will try to clean it up! :)
Thanks but I don’t have any sort of manual, I was just going to write one from scratch myself from trying features out and working out what they do.

And also I’ve no idea how you get the plugin code, I just downloaded mi home from the App Store onto my iPhone. Do you know how to export plugins?

Any progress with this guys?
I'd be more then happy to help out with translations.

If someone can extract, or show how to extract APK's from MiHome plugins that would be great.

I saw Russians did it on some forum, and whole MiHome and all plugins are translated to Russian.
I don't see why we can't do the same in English.

Remember "Google translate app" os useful also translating from images

Enviat des del meu SM-A510F usant Tapatalk