WLAN Display not working

madomape

Members
Aug 26, 2014
Hi everybody! I'm a new Mi Pad owner and now I'm running new miui 4.8.22. When using the Wlan display, the TV is detected correctly and it connects, but then the image freezes and TV shows an error saying something like "stream not compatible". The Mi Pad stays connected but no more video is showing on the TV after the error message.

Is it a bug or is there something wrong only for me? Can anyone try it, please?

Thanks a lot for the good job!

Enviado desde mi MI PAD mediante Tapatalk

Hi madomape! We almost have the same problem and i' m wondering if it not linked to a conflt of resolution. In my case I have a full HD resolution TV screen while the Mipad have a 2k screen. Except this situation, my car is a little different as I don't directly use miracast on the TV but through my MINIX Neo X8 android TV box. When miracast is activated on my MINIX and Wi-Fi display on my Mipad, both devices can see each other and get connected. On the Mipad when activating the Wi-Fi direct display, I have the option to let my device available and not hidden from others. But when my box and the Mipad are connected and I click to start miracasting, this option turn to "hidden" and I have both divided get disconnected with miracast message error. Here are few captures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409172089227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409172089227.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 394
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409172106897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409172106897.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 415
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409172134649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409172134649.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 384
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409172156518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409172156518.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 402
So... It seems to be a bug... Maybe, we would have to report it to the team. I'll try to post it later. Thanks for your answer.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Gilles09
Sorry, but I don't have a Miracast Dongle. I've just checked that my smartphone is working perfectly on my TV using wlan display but not my mipad. I keep thinking that there's something wrong in the rom. I hope the team can solve the problem in future releases.

Enviado desde mi MI PAD mediante Tapatalk

I have tried using my MiTV box pro to connect my Mipad via miracast without any success. Went to settings 'More', 'WLAN display'.

But I have managed to cast my Nexus 4.

Yes, that's strange... You can cast videos directly with the video player or you tube apps without problems but you can't cast the display using wlan display option...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk