Wrong heap size

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Seanowns, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Seanowns

SeanownsMembers

Nov 19, 2010
    I noticed the heapsize is set at 32. This is not stable for the nexus. Just wanted to point this out.

2. kukareku

kukarekuMembers

Dec 4, 2010
    Is not stable? Why?
    I thought 32mb is standard value.
    My one is 64mb, no problems with it

3. mengwu

mengwuMembers

Dec 4, 2010
    Is there an option to change it in miui? When I had cyanogen, 24 was the most stable for me.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

4. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

This might be why some of you are having FC issues. Point me to a link which states a dalvik vm heap size of 32M is bad for Nexus One please.

Also Cyanogen ships with a dalvik.vm.heapsize of 32m so I'd love to know where you get your info from :)

Thanks,

Mark

5. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Edit your /system/build.prop

6. Seanowns

SeanownsMembers

Nov 19, 2010
    32 was very unstable when 2.2 first came out, but maybe this was fixed? I was hoping it would fix my launcher FC from folders/themes(I think from these?), but it has definitely not helped with the Launcher.

Eitherway, there is an easy way to fix it.

Open a terminal app, type su, then, a2sd largeheap (largeheap is 1 word) It will set you to 24. a2sd help for the commands to get back to 32 (megaheap I believe)

7. u can change the VM Heapsize wtih this APP : VM Heap Tool (root only)

I never read anywhere that a Heapsize of 32MB are bad for a Nexus One also.. but make ur changes...

8. wiineedmore

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice app my logcats says E/dalvikvm-heap(11019): 218880-byte external allocation too large for this process.

Trying adjusting heap to 24 and it got worst.

I have posted most of my log in the bugs section in hopes to eliminate the fc problem with folders and editing.

9. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Have you tried 32m?

10. Seanowns

SeanownsMembers

Nov 19, 2010
    Btw. I fixed my launcher problems by wiping and applying no themes. So themes have an issue. Heap size was not a problem though.

Share Our Site