Wrong heap size

Seanowns

Members
Nov 19, 2010
I noticed the heapsize is set at 32. This is not stable for the nexus. Just wanted to point this out.

Is not stable? Why?
I thought 32mb is standard value.
My one is 64mb, no problems with it

Is there an option to change it in miui? When I had cyanogen, 24 was the most stable for me.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I noticed the heapsize is set at 32. This is not stable for the nexus. Just wanted to point this out.

This might be why some of you are having FC issues. Point me to a link which states a dalvik vm heap size of 32M is bad for Nexus One please.

Also Cyanogen ships with a dalvik.vm.heapsize of 32m so I'd love to know where you get your info from :)

Thanks,

Mark

Is there an option to change it in miui? When I had cyanogen, 24 was the most stable for me.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Edit your /system/build.prop

32 was very unstable when 2.2 first came out, but maybe this was fixed? I was hoping it would fix my launcher FC from folders/themes(I think from these?), but it has definitely not helped with the Launcher.

Eitherway, there is an easy way to fix it.

Open a terminal app, type su, then, a2sd largeheap (largeheap is 1 word) It will set you to 24. a2sd help for the commands to get back to 32 (megaheap I believe)

Nice app my logcats says E/dalvikvm-heap(11019): 218880-byte external allocation too large for this process.

Trying adjusting heap to 24 and it got worst.

I have posted most of my log in the bugs section in hopes to eliminate the fc problem with folders and editing.

Btw. I fixed my launcher problems by wiping and applying no themes. So themes have an issue. Heap size was not a problem though.