New Wrong network location.

Kugumin

Members
Jun 21, 2018
So, somehow network location works wrong on my deivce. I've been testing it on other custom ROMs like "Masik" and others and it was working fine.
At the screenshot below you can see N (Network) and G (GPS) locations markers. Network marker is absoulutely wrong, 4G shows this. After switching to 3G mode it shows another city, which is 200KM+ away from the first city, which is TOO 200KM+ away from me. 2G shows most accurate location marker, but not so close to me as it should be. Please, fix this issue if this possible.

Screenshot_2018_08_05_11_15_48_779_net.png

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X 3/32 (mido)
ROM: 8.7.26

UPDATE: Issue still present in 8.8.3
UPDATE #2: still present in 8.8.9
UPDATE #3: maybe it comes from "NetworkLocation" process?

Last edited:
Please, someone from administration, pay attention to this problem. It is really annoying!

Just curious, what is the practical result of a "wrong network location"?

What problems does it cause?

But if GPS is working, isn't the network location just an additional help, not really needed?
Some apps using only network location. Somehow weather won't work only with GPS, it asks for network location too

Code:
[ro.miui.mcc]: [9460]
[ro.miui.mnc]: [9999]
[ro.miui.region]: [CN]

delete content of your /cust partition in TWRP.. you have set wrong region..

Code:
[ro.miui.mcc]: [9460]
[ro.miui.region]: [CN]

delete content of your /cust partition in TWRP.. you have set wrong region..
So I did this and it shows same wrong network location

yes, now its correct

Code:
[ro.miui.mcc]: [9998]
[ro.miui.region]: [PL]

Fine. Looks like this bug never gonna be fixed. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

I tried out the gps on my 3 Xiaomi phones, and the gps works fine on all 3, with the network position however off from 200 meters up to several kilometers at times, but it would after a time (10-20 minutes?) correct back to only a few hundred meters off from the GPS.

However I could not get the LTE Discovery app to do a GPS fix at all in my Mix1, but in Google maps it worked fine.