X14 China Xiaomi community app says its unlocked

Pwmstrade

Members
Jan 28, 2024
I waited 30 days in Xiaomi community app then unlocked bootloader. It says it's now unlocked. Does that mean I can install the .EU ROM? I thought China based devices could not be unlocked?

Are you sure you have the CN version of the device?
Are you sure you have an unlocked bootloader?

Are you sure you have the CN version of the device?
Are you sure you have an unlocked bootloader?
Yes I have the CN version, but I'm also trying to understand if it can be unlocked. Xiaomi community app says that I've been granted access to unlock until 2025 but I didn't follow up on it

This means you don't have an unlocked bootloader. The fact that the Mi community app has allowed you to unlock the device does not mean that it has been unlocked. After the permission has been granted, the unlocking itself needs to be carried out. The problem is that it can only be done with the Global device.

This means you don't have an unlocked bootloader. The fact that the Mi community app has allowed you to unlock the device does not mean that it has been unlocked. After the permission has been granted, the unlocking itself needs to be carried out. The problem is that it can only be done with the Global device.

Okay, I understand, thanks for your response.

If you really have a CN device, you won't unlock the bootloader. You need to look for some paid service.

Reactions: Pwmstrade