Xiaomi 11T - Green led ring around front camera, always on when phone is active.

Levaro

Members
Nov 13, 2022
I have the 11T for a few month's everything was fine in the beginning, but now all of a sudden when the phone active there is a annoying green light ring around the selfie camera which is always on.

I cannot find any setting that controls this?
Is this a know issue, are there more people that have the same thing?

MIUI version = 13.0.8 stable
Android version = 12 SP1A.210812.016
Security update = 2022-09-01

Attachments

• IMG-20221106-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20221106-WA0001.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG-20221106-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221106-WA0002.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG-20221106-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221106-WA0004.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 266
İ am at 13.0.5 but i don't have that . Could it be a theme base or face recognition?
Not sure, i did a factory reset, didn't help, face recognition is not enabled, dark/light theme switch doesn't in fix it.. it almost looks like a broken screen of damaged oleds, strange because I happend after and update, it went really fast.. one second in it was good the next this ring showed up and stayed forever.

Have it picked up for repair by Xiaomi so let see and find out what the outcome will be, seems to be a hardware issue that's for sure.

Are you sure it's not a privacy notification? Some light up a dot, some a ring like yours to warn you that your mic or camera is on. Check your privacy and accessibility settings.

Are you sure it's not a privacy notification? Some light up a dot, some a ring like yours to warn you that your mic or camera is on. Check your privacy and accessibility settings.

I tried almost everything, and the repair-shop also confirmed to me today it was a faulty display and was replaced under warranty.

1674642445607.png

Reactions: Mark F
I am having a similar issue but the circle is white light. I can not find any way to turn it off.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

It is odd that you can download software to then have this as a notification feature but I have not actually done anything to get this. It seems odd that it could be a faulty screen that then lights an exact circle up with a bright light. There is as op states nothinh in settings to switch it off.

It is odd that you can download software to then have this as a notification feature but I have not actually done anything to get this. It seems odd that it could be a faulty screen that then lights an exact circle up with a bright light. There is as op states nothinh in settings to switch it off.

Maybe share some pictures of your issue?, most people I spoke about it said it looked like some kind of way to show you the selfie cam was on, but that wasn't it.
Also I tried those notification app's, but they just drew a circle around the white ring, so clearly something wasn't right with the screen itself.

if I increased the brightness to 100% I could see a blurred straight line starting from the middle top selfie cam of the screen, towards the bottom.

For me the fix was to have it repaired (changed display) check if you still have warranty and send it back.

I am having a similar issue but the circle is white light. I can not find any way to turn it off.

I noticed on my phone the color would sometimes change from bright white to bright green and vice-versa.

Hi :), I also encountered this issue. I haven't activated any feature and just noticed that my mi 11t have green with orangey on it. I dunno what I did but it just disappeared not completely like when I turn off and on , it will just blink once.

Hi :), I also encountered this issue. I haven't activated any feature and just noticed that my mi 11t have green with orangey on it. I dunno what I did but it just disappeared not completely like when I turn off and on , it will just blink once.

Seems similar to what i had, sometimes it would be really bright, and times it would be really small green ring.
I would suggest you to have it return for repair, just like i did, and the issue has not returned with me.

It's seem to be a faulty display.