Xiaomi 12 bricked

dagolard

Members
Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone.
My dear sons dog jumped while flashing my phone around me. Phone falls down - cable pulled - now I have a brick. Still "fastboot" was written on the screen, but no reaction to fastboot commands. After long push to the power button it shuts off and never on. No reaction, not visible in Device manager.
So, would it in this case help to buy a EDL cable and try it, or would this be useless? How I can find it out?

Hi everyone.
My dear sons dog jumped while flashing my phone around me. Phone falls down - cable pulled - now I have a brick. Still "fastboot" was written on the screen, but no reaction to fastboot commands. After long push to the power button it shuts off and never on. No reaction, not visible in Device manager.
So, would it in this case help to buy a EDL cable and try it, or would this be useless? How I can find it out?
Update: just made a DIY EDL cable and tried it. No reaction at all...

Either I'm too stupid, or too blind.
Searched 9 pages. As long I understand, I have to shorten 2 testpoints at the Mainboard, right?

Now the 12 pro has a different Mainboard than the 12. For 12 pro I know the testpoints (your photo at XDA)
. For the 12 I didn't find them...

Now the 12 pro has a different Mainboard than the 12. For 12 pro I know the testpoints (your photo at XDA)
. For the 12 I didn't find them...
Oh, I thought you have 12 pro. At xiaomiui.net they have gathered of all xiaomi the test points, but still not from 12. Haven't found elsewhere other info. At me, I found them myself. So you must search and test, as I did.

Oh, I thought you have 12 pro. At xiaomiui.net they have gathered of all xiaomi the test points, but still not from 12. Haven't found elsewhere other info. At me, I found them myself. So you must search and test, as I did.
A photo of the board I have. I think it shouild be the 2 points between the connectors on the left...

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1.png
    Unbenannt-1.png
    824.2 KB · Views: 248
A photo of the board I have. I think it shouild be the 2 points between the connectors on the left...
You must find someone who can open your mobile, a technician, and try test points. If you check previous models, you will see that the points are close one to other.

I can open it by myself. But how to try testpoints? Simply shortcut them? Is there a signal? Got Multimeter and even a Keysight MSOX2014A with digital analyzer. Real overkill for home workshop. But normally I don´t work with phones but with oldstyle electronics and 3D Printers.

I can open it by myself. But how to try testpoints? Simply shortcut them? Is there a signal? Got Multimeter and even a Keysight MSOX2014A with digital analyzer. Real overkill for home workshop. But normally I don´t work with phones but with oldstyle electronics and 3D Printers.
I'm doctor, no technician. A technician just pointed me the possible places and I told him what to test, with my responsibility if something happens

Hi everyone.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/12-pro-bootloop-bricked.65632/
Look here there is more information

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.