Xiaomi 12S Ultra Xiaomi.EU Rom Support

After installing the 12S Ultra Stable EU ROM, seems the factory reset is putting me to custom recovery. Which means I have to reset data using custom recovery is it?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. TWRP should work fine, at least until next Android update, so you shouldn't have issues with the update process (hopefully).
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. No until you flash Magisk in TWRP.

Thank you so much for your answer @Orjon
My only follow up (for now :D) is about question 4, is it 100% ? because I saw in this thread about Netflix question and answer was that not all features would probably work because of "not a global device" ? same for a weird Waze GPS behavior and I read in the past about Revolut/banking app, hence why I insist a bit on if this is "fixed" or due other specific cases (if so, which?). thanks in advance

Last edited:
Do you guys leave bootloader unlock after update... anyone can help unofficial unlock...does it work

Anyone experiencing the GPS apps Waze and Google Maps hanging on Android Auto wireless? Somehow it cannot lock on to GPS. I had this issue even without android auto too but after a restart it resolved. Might be linked to miui 13.0.8?

Trying this now to see if it helps https://barbeau.medium.com/gnss-interrupted-the-hidden-android-setting-you-need-to-know-d812d28a3821
So the gps fix works for Google Maps on Android Auto wireless, but waze is still wonky. This only happened in MIUI 13.0.8 so it could be the base firmware. Hopefully an update fixes this but at least there's Google Maps for now

So the gps fix works for Google Maps on Android Auto wireless, but waze is still wonky. This only happened in MIUI 13.0.8 so it could be the base firmware. Hopefully an update fixes this but at least there's Google Maps for now
Did you try to set "No restriction" for "Battery saver"?

2 clicks on the screen no longer lock the screen, they only lock if the screen is locked, if you unlock the device and give 2 clicks, the device does not turn off the screen anymore. I had this on my mi 11 pro with the May ROM. Will this feature come back in the future? Thanks

anybody feel camera app not smooth as in original rom ?
yeah. I am with you. My camera app is also bit laggy. Not very obvious but you can feel it a bit. Also screen color looks bit different from my 11 ultra. I guess it is just because of different screen suppliers. Anti flicker can only be activated in developer's option but very weak compared with 11ultra. I feel screen is so far the biggest weakness of 12s Ultra

just noticed that wireless charging doesnt seem to work properly. Its always on and off... I am using a Xiaomi 50W wireless charger.

Is the TWRP can do a proper factory reset in this ROM. I tried factory reset with just data and dalvik with Meta data. Phone runs into boot loop. Have to force install in the fast boot method. So really hope if could share whats the correct way to do a factory reset with this ROM, would be much appreciated.

STABLE ROM V13.0.8.0 RELEASED

DOWNLOAD
Xiaomi 12S Ultra [thor]

Installation guide via fastboot

- First version is for fastboot for easy instlalation process
- TWRP is included for further updates via OTA

Hello. I appreciate you guys for all your hard work as always.

I've noticed that euROM doesn't include the function to add LEICA watermark from the default Gallery app that was added to China ROM by the latest update. (It's possible to take a pictures with the watermark using Camera app tho.)

I'd like to know if there is any way to add the function like installing Gallery apk, system updater or any possibility that euROM will have the function by OTA update anytime soon?

Again, thank you for developing such a great ROM.

Reactions: hoangtu2410
Hello. I appreciate you guys for all your hard work as always.

I've noticed that euROM doesn't include the function to add LEICA watermark from the default Gallery app that was added to China ROM by the latest update. (It's possible to take a pictures with the watermark using Camera app tho.)

I'd like to know if there is any way to add the function like installing Gallery apk, system updater or any possibility that euROM will have the function by OTA update anytime soon?

Again, thank you for developing such a great ROM.
i asked same question but dont have answer yet. It is a really nice function

Reactions: Mi616
In the CN ROM, I was able to include the Leica watermark using the Gallery app.
I can't do it with the gallery app in euROM.
Is this due to the fact that Mi AI is not installed?

Dear developers,
Where can I check differences of your ROM from the stock version?
As I understood, CN services were cut off: what about Mi AI (and voice assistant in general, is it excluded too?)

In the CN ROM, I was able to include the Leica watermark using the Gallery app.
I can't do it with the gallery app in euROM.
Is this due to the fact that Mi AI is not installed?
No, it might be due to the fact that we update some apps (like the Gallery) to the latest available version, so it replaced it with a newer version. It's interesting to know that the 12S series has a special Gallery app as well, not just a special Camera app. We'll see what we can do about the discrepancy for next release.

Dear developers,
Where can I check differences of your ROM from the stock version?
We don't really have an up-to-date list, that would take weeks just to collect that information (and then keep it updated).
Partial and outdated list on the first post here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

As I understood, CN services were cut off: what about Mi AI (and voice assistant in general, is it excluded too?)
Mi AI only supports Chinese, so yes, it's excluded too.

Hello does anybody have problem with revolut? im stucked where i have to post a selfie for verification it says "there was an error uploading your selfie" thanks

Good job on the 12s Ultra ROM release.

I was previously using the China ROM on a 12s Ultra and successfully switched to the xiaomi.eu ROM yesterday. I noticed a feature absent in the xiaomi.eu ROM. I find the feature quite useful and wonder if it can be added to the xiaomi.eu ROM. The feature works as follows:

With the China ROM, I was using the system app called 'Wallet'. It has a NFC-related feature where you can 'record' a door access card and use the phone instead of the card to unlock a door. Thus, the China ROM allows me to bring just my phone without the access cards. In the NFC settings, if I enable NFC and select Wallet as the "payment default", the phone works just like the selected recorded access card, allowing me to unlock doors using the phone.

With the xiaomi.eu ROM, the Wallet app is gone, though it can be manually installed from the Xiaomi "GetApps" app store. However, the Wallet app installed this way lacks the NFC feature; 'Wallet' does not show up as one of the items in NFC -> payment default and there is nothing about NFC or access cards in the app's UI.

Additionally, the "NFC Card Emulator Pro" app does not work for my access cards but Wallet does. Actually, I find it rather amazing and surprising since supposedly there could be encryption and stuff like that but Wallet still manages to record the cards.

I do not understand the mechanism by which the Wallet app manually installed on xiaomi.eu lacks the NFC feature, but I find the NFC feature quite useful.

Is this feature something that the xiaomi.eu devs would consider adding to the xiaomi.eu ROM or is the feature considered to be China-specific and useless outside China? If this feature could be added, is there somewhere where I should make a feature request? IDK whether the feature is specific to the 12 series, but it probably isn't. It's just that this was my first time using it.

Reactions: hoangtu2410
No, it might be due to the fact that we update some apps (like the Gallery) to the latest available version, so it replaced it with a newer version. It's interesting to know that the 12S series has a special Gallery app as well, not just a special Camera app. We'll see what we can do about the discrepancy for next release.

We don't really have an up-to-date list, that would take weeks just to collect that information (and then keep it updated).
Partial and outdated list on the first post here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

Mi AI only supports Chinese, so yes, it's excluded too.
Maybe the xm12 too has a different gallery app,
There missing some sky filter and so on ....

Hello does anybody have problem with revolut? im stucked where i have to post a selfie for verification it says "there was an error uploading your selfie" thanks
can you post a logcat?

if you want make a logcat
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-logging-with-adb-logcat.63684/

start logcat… start app… wait for issue… stop logcat
search for fatal exeption as example or post it but not 3697 seconds of logcat :)

How to create a logcat file
# connect phone with PC and USB
# set USB debug - on
# create a textfile -> eg logfile.txt in adb folder on PC
# adb logcat > logfile.txt
# make actions on phone and wait for issue
# ctrl+c (to stop logfile recording)
# analyze the logfile
# send the last eg 5 seconds, the relevant entries

Good job on the 12s Ultra ROM release.

I was previously using the China ROM on a 12s Ultra and successfully switched to the xiaomi.eu ROM yesterday. I noticed a feature absent in the xiaomi.eu ROM. I find the feature quite useful and wonder if it can be added to the xiaomi.eu ROM. The feature works as follows:

With the China ROM, I was using the system app called 'Wallet'. It has a NFC-related feature where you can 'record' a door access card and use the phone instead of the card to unlock a door. Thus, the China ROM allows me to bring just my phone without the access cards. In the NFC settings, if I enable NFC and select Wallet as the "payment default", the phone works just like the selected recorded access card, allowing me to unlock doors using the phone.

With the xiaomi.eu ROM, the Wallet app is gone, though it can be manually installed from the Xiaomi "GetApps" app store. However, the Wallet app installed this way lacks the NFC feature; 'Wallet' does not show up as one of the items in NFC -> payment default and there is nothing about NFC or access cards in the app's UI.

Additionally, the "NFC Card Emulator Pro" app does not work for my access cards but Wallet does. Actually, I find it rather amazing and surprising since supposedly there could be encryption and stuff like that but Wallet still manages to record the cards.

I do not understand the mechanism by which the Wallet app manually installed on xiaomi.eu lacks the NFC feature, but I find the NFC feature quite useful.

Is this feature something that the xiaomi.eu devs would consider adding to the xiaomi.eu ROM or is the feature considered to be China-specific and useless outside China? If this feature could be added, is there somewhere where I should make a feature request? IDK whether the feature is specific to the 12 series, but it probably isn't. It's just that this was my first time using it.
omg that function is really nice. I didnt know about it before

Sorry for bumping on this again. Any help in this custom recovery will be helpful. I tried factory reset with just data and dalvik with Meta data. Phone runs into boot loop. Have to force install in the fast boot method.
So really hope if someone could share whats the correct way to do a factory reset with this ROM+TWRP combination, will be much appreciated.