Xiaomi 13 Pro esim functionality

jiminy

Members
Mar 17, 2023
Hi curious if 13 pro purchased from china rom (model) and converted to eu can support traditional esim if the region is changed to Europe in additional settings?

I've heard that global rom converted to eu rom works but unsure about cn rom converted to eu rom.

Thanks!

It's not a software feature. The Chinese model doesn't have eSIM hardware.
You don't "convert" a Chinese model to an European model by changing the ROM.

It's not a software feature. The Chinese model doesn't have eSIM hardware.
You don't "convert" a Chinese model to an European model by changing the ROM.
I understand you cannot convert hardware, I was holding out hope that the Chinese model did have the hardware and was using it for their Xiaomi roaming service (which I thought would be based upon esim technology). I understand now that is not the case.

Hi curious if 13 pro purchased from china rom (model) and converted to eu can support traditional esim if the region is changed to Europe in additional settings?

I've heard that global rom converted to eu rom works but unsure about cn rom converted to eu rom.

Thanks!
Almost none Xiaomi current models has eSIM support. The only exception is Xiaomi MI 12T Pro.
Then it's a non sense question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacometto
Global version Xiaomi 13 series does have esim. Not that crazy to hope the China version would too.

Almost none Xiaomi current models has eSIM support. The only exception is Xiaomi MI 12T Pro.
Then it's a non sense question.
Global version Xiaomi 13 series does have esim. Not that crazy to hope the China version would too.

Interesting input, thanks.
But as mentioned above supports eSIM is hardware dependent. Then hasn't high expectations with CN version.

Reactions: Jacometto
Interesting input, thanks.
But as mentioned above supports eSIM is hardware dependent. Then hasn't high expectations with CN version.
He is correct, the Global variants for Xiaomi 13 (fuxi), 13 Pro (nuwa) and 13 Lite (ziyi) have eSIM integrated, which is not the case for their Chinese variants (Chinese ziyi being Xiaomi Civi 2).

Reactions: jiminy and Birraque
He is correct, the Global variants for Xiaomi 13 (fuxi), 13 Pro (nuwa) and 13 Lite (ziyi) have eSIM integrated, which is not the case for their Chinese variants (Chinese ziyi being Xiaomi Civi 2).
I have just bought unknowingly a CN version of Xiaomi 13 Pro, flashed with global Rom, advertised as "Global version" on the website of the seller.

Initially it came with MIUI14.0.8 with latest security updates. It asked me for eSIM and I set up one of my international internet providers sims. The eSIM worked without an issue.
I have used the Mi Mover to migrate all data from my previous Xiaomi phone. I have set up the phone for full use, sadly to understand that the GPay option does not work, which is a huge dealbreaker for me.

I searched through the net and found this forum.
Since the phone is unlocked - I Installed the 1.0.6 stable release for NUWA and sadly - neither the Mi Mover is working, nor there is a eSIM menu somewhere to be found. At least the GPay works ...for now.

I can say at least my device with Global ROM has eSIM menu and can use an eSIM, when the ROM has enabled support for it.

So my question is - should I try the nightly builds? Should Mi Mover start working or the eSIM option?