Xiaomi 13 Ultra - CN version

Suelas

Members
Jan 18, 2024
Hi guys, I'm new in the forum and have been reading different threads since a couple of days.

Here is my topic, I just bought a Xiaomi Ultra 13, seller did mention that ROM was global but never clarified that phone was CN. I cannot return it as I'm not longer near the place where I bought so I want to get the best of it.

Phone came with latest version of MIU14 and is unlocked with a certain ROM pre installed, meaning Gpay is not working properly.

My question is: in order to get the best of it making Gpay works, how I should start?

I was thinking on doing a factory reset followed by downloading EEA ROM and Gpay module but I came here for your expertise.

Phone is new so no trouble to wipe out all data

Other question besides the already known modem differences, what would be another difference that may impact my overall user experience?

EEA ROM won't help you, it's basically the same as Global ROM. (EEA is not xiaomi.eu ROM)
Your chance to get working GPay is to install xiaomi.eu ROM.
The Chinese device does not support the B20 LTE band.

Reactions: Suelas
EEA ROM won't help you, it's basically the same as Global ROM. (EEA is not xiaomi.eu ROM)
Your chance to get working GPay is to install xiaomi.eu ROM.
The Chinese device does not support the B20 LTE band.
Thanks, then I will do it accordingly to get the xiaomi.eu rom

Purchased Ultra 13 CN with global installed for UK. No bank apps worked so after reading installed eu 1.0.24.1.29. since rom change network connection is very poor unusable plus drops when WiFi turned on as shown. My network EE does provide necessary bands 800MHz (4G) 1800MHz (2G & 4G) 2100MHz (3G & 4G) 2600MHz (4G) 3400MHz (5G)
Apologies if I’m going about this incorrectly newbie post. Thank you in advance.

5g no wifi.jpg
no 5g wifi.jpg
device.jpg

Xiaomi 13 Ultra CN version does not support B20 LTE (800MHz) band. Maybe that's why you have a signal problem.
You can activate VoWIFI when you have a bad network signal.

Maybe switch to Three, Smarty, I'd or other Three based networks that do not use B20. They all work fine on LTE/4G.

Xiaomi 13 Ultra CN version does not support B20 LTE (800MHz) band. Maybe that's why you have a signal problem.
You can activate VoWIFI when you have a bad network signal.
Thanks for the reply! I am aware of that however I thought the other bands would cover it.
To add all seems to be fine as of yesterday full speeds good conections 4/5G ,so possbly it was maintance in my area? Although that doent explain why the signal appeared to drop on the phones display.

Maybe switch to Three, Smarty, I'd or other Three based networks that do not use B20. They all work fine on LTE/4G.
All seems to be fine as of yesterday full speeds good conections 4/5G ,so possbly it was maintance in my area?