Xiaomi.eu HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] support

Dereen

Members
Mar 8, 2020
I am a Redmi Note8 Pro user from China. I want a pure Android system, so I come to here. But I did not expect MTK phone has a disadvantage like this. I really hope this problem can be solved, and you guys may support this device then. Thanks

Plumplum

Members
Mar 13, 2020
I am a Redmi Note8 Pro user from China. I want a pure Android system, so I come to here. But I did not expect MTK phone has a disadvantage like this. I really hope this problem can be solved, and you guys may support this device then. Thanks
Hi,

You can find several custom ROM developped by indians
- Pixel experience
- POSP
- Evolution X
- CesiumOS
Due to the lack of NFC on their model, these ROM dont support it

They develope a bootloader to allow repairing without Xiaomi's special account.

I heard of Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro

Developement is possible on Redmi Note 8 Pro

Seems some people want...and other don't!
Sad to see Xiaomi.eu promote monopoly...especialy from a company condamned for the destruction of employement in Europe (ICERA)

Reactions: Dereen

Dereen

Members
Mar 8, 2020
Hi,

- Pixel experience
- POSP
- Evolution X
- CesiumOS

Sad to see Xiaomi.eu promote monopoly...especialy from a company condamned for the destruction of employement in Europe (ICERA)
Thank you for your reply, I will try your suggestions. Appreciate man.

Plumplum

Members
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you for your reply, I will try your suggestions. Appreciate man.
;-)
The 4 roms are on xda-developers...
First, read very carefully "Redmi Note 8 Pro - The Megathread" by agent_fabulous
It's important to avoid brick.

If you know someone who already uses SP Flashtool it would be nice...
All is at your own risk...

If I used SP flashtool several time on other devices, I don't on this Redmi Note 8 Pro

Dereen

Members
Mar 8, 2020
;-)
The 4 roms are on xda-developers...
First, read very carefully "Redmi Note 8 Pro - The Megathread" by agent_fabulous
It's important to avoid brick.

If you know someone who already uses SP Flashtool it would be nice...
All is at your own risk...

If I used SP flashtool several time on other devices, I don't on this Redmi Note 8 Pro
get✓

frajofa01

Members
Feb 8, 2020
Hi,

- Pixel experience
- POSP
- Evolution X
- CesiumOS

I confirm this.
In Android 9 (not working in Android 10) if you flash in fastboot (=bootloader) what is said at XDA / ...Megathread, you don't brick the phone.
I tried all XDA ROM's (all are Android 10), come back to Android 9, try next XDA Android 10, and so on. With TWRP and Magisk, without any problems.
Be careful:
- when you are in Android 9 flash what is said in XDA/Megathread (don't do it in Android 10!!!)
- read very carefully everything before proceeding; don't force anything or extrapolate
(note: all RN8Pro custom rom's are still in Alpha/Beta stage, with problems that prevent the use as daily phone).

To Xiaomi.eu
If developing RN8Pro is an adventure that you don't want to do, or you want that normal users of this forum do not risk to do, please create a thread with the main links of XDA for those who want to do it.
Is a good service that will prevent X.eu users of bricking their devices; also during this pandemic crisis shall be no service centers available to solve the problem, and this crisis shall stand at least for 3 months in each country.
Thank you for all your work

Last edited:

sinrequilorios

Members
Jun 13, 2019
It would be great if support for the Redmi Note 8 Pro returned with the arrival of MIUI 12. The development by the community has evolved quite a bit, in addition, we already have Android 10 officially and stable on the global rom, there are already a number of custom recovery specifically for MIUI-based rom's, The great one recommended by the community is the LRTEAM TWRP, it has its version for Android 9 and for Android 10. I think the only thing necessary is to leave a post with instructions and a warning that any change is the decision of each user.

Yemble

Members
Oct 6, 2019
It would be great if support for the Redmi Note 8 Pro returned with the arrival of MIUI 12. The development by the community has evolved quite a bit, in addition, we already have Android 10 officially and stable on the global rom, there are already a number of custom recovery specifically for MIUI-based rom's, The great one recommended by the community is the LRTEAM TWRP, it has its version for Android 9 and for Android 10. I think the only thing necessary is to leave a post with instructions and a warning that any change is the decision of each user.
I couldn't disagree less, however, unfortunately, nobody is listening... or they just don't care.