Xiaomi.eu -> Installed Original Rom -> Nothing Works :( Help Please

Robbie13

Members
Jan 24, 2016
Mi4c

Just had a drink with a frend who has Redmi2 with original xiaomi miui stable ROM and is happy with it. So I went to immediately download the ROM and install it via updater app - choose update package.

after installation I cannot open phone or settings app, basically the phone is useless.

I've lost TWRP and can't simply install the xiaomi.eu ROM I used before, I get the signature verification failed.

I've tried renaming the zip to update.zip and moving to /internal storage

please help me :)

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, I a RM2 prime, I updated to ROM for OTA to the development version 6.1. 21 and this week I tried to install with MIrecovery the 6.1.28 but show my the error of signatured failed.

Enviado desde mi 2014813 mediante Tapatalk

I cannot download the MI flashing tool right now.

MIUI PC suite + fastboot = device isn't supported.

Ok, I got the phone cellular working, and I can open the settings app now :)

I flashed Xiaomi China Developer 6.1.28 fastboot ROM.

Google Store is not working.

What should I do next, to get back to xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP, unlocked bootloader and root ?

Hm, after flashing the developer fastboot ROM, when entering recovery all I get is the "connect USB cable" graphic ?

fastboot works. and now when trying to flash TWRP recovery using ADB I get "device is locked, cant flash".

before, with stable china ROM, flashing TWRP with ADB did not give that error, it seemed like it worked fine, but TWRP was not installed.

i'm confused :(

Ok, I got the unlock approved, but now the Mi Unlock Tool stops at 50% and says It cannot verify the device because account info is not the same.

I am logged in the same Mi account both on the device and in the Unlock Tool.

I am running Mi4c china developer ROM 6.1.28, I updated to 6.2.25 and and I get the same error.

Should I try to reset to factory default ?

Ok, I got the unlock approved, but now the Mi Unlock Tool stops at 50% and says It cannot verify the device because account info is not the same.

I am logged in the same Mi account both on the device and in the Unlock Tool.

I am running Mi4c china developer ROM 6.1.28, I updated to 6.2.25 and and I get the same error.

Should I try to reset to factory default ?
seems you need to unlock your bootloader at first, there is no way back you could workaround it resetting the phone.
you absolutely need to pass this mandatory step.

I'm trying to unlock it, what else would I be doing ? :)

I am trying to find a solution for the "cannot verify device" when using Mi Unlock tool, many people seem to have that problem.

As I understand, China Dev ROM has to be installed, which I have, but it is not clean install, so I am thinking if reseting the device would help ? Is that the same as wiping all user data and restarting the ROM from scratch ?

Tapatalk via Mi4c

Does anyone know how to get past the "Cannot verify device" when using Mi Unlock tool ?

I am logged in the same Mi account on the device as in the Unlock Tool.