Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 Feedback

It's 6.5.26 for me. Even after painful trial and error to get 7.5.2.0 installed, it doesn't fix force close startup issue in one of my games, while 6.5.26 at least fixes the in-game memory leak.
I think that's 6.5.26 still bad multitasking, you can make sure with app that run on the backgrounds like hotspots shield or any antivirus program. Definitely you will find the app suddenly stopped althought notification feature is enabled, difference with 6.3.31 that i hv proved that app still work flawlessly. must prove yourself i think :cool:

a guy told me that 6.4.7 rom is the best, i tried but i dont see the difference between others, just more miui icon (playstore, gmail, youtube, thats the reason im still using this rom).
yeah these version still hv worse memory management leaks. & how about gapps app i think it's very easy found out there how installed on our mipad 2. all the way is just try it first what you think suites for you

I think that's 6.5.26 still bad multitasking, you can make sure with app that run on the backgrounds like hotspots shield or any antivirus program. Definitely you will find the app suddenly stopped althought notification feature is enabled, difference with 6.3.31 that i hv proved that app still work flawlessly. must prove yourself i think :cool:
Fortunately, I don't need background app running on this tablet. It's a gaming device thus gaming is a priority, which 6.3.31 cannot provide with its memory leak.

Dirty update from 6.5.26, directly flash 3 zips from TWRP (in order):
  1. 7.5.20 with whetstone folder removed
  2. SuperSU 2.76
  3. gapps x86_64 5.1 pico
Flash went fine. Wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, 5 minutes and still stuck on mi.com logo with 3 flashing dots on bottom above "powered by android". What's the normal waiting time after updating to this ROM at least until the 3 flashing dots turn into progress bar?

EDIT 1:
30 minutes and still stuck. Looks like this is a path that no one else should follow. I'll retry without installing gapps, thank God I have TWRP backup.

EDIT 2:
Damn it. Can't even get into recovery, only dnx fastboot. The TWRP backup is still in the internal storage :(

EDIT 3:
Long long way to get the device back to work:
  1. Flash fastboot ROM 7.2.1.0 except data partition
  2. Using updater, install dev ROM 6.5.26
  3. Reboot to fastboot
  4. Flash TWRP, reboot, keep holding Power + Vol Up
  5. Back in TWRP, restore backup
Retried without gapps, only ROM + SuperSU, still stuck in previous step. Oh, well. I guess I'll stay with 6.5.26 for a while...

EDIT 4:
Out of curiosity, I tried ROM + gapps, it works. So SuperSU 2.76 seems to be the culprit. I'll retry once again with SuperSU 2.46, which is the one I used for rooting 6.5.26.

EDIT 5:
Yep, SuperSu 2.46 works. I now have 7.5.2.0 with latest gapps and root.

Hey I am in the same boat as you. I got my Mi Pad boot looped and is still stuck on the Mi Logo with 3 dots. How did you reflashed?

Regarding miui 8 for mipad 2 , someone knows with certainty whether it will appear or not?
Around I read post contradictory

I am back to the Xiaomi Mi-Recovery 2.0.1. Now I have to start again. Will I ever to be able to do this right?

You will need to make sure that after flashing TWRP, you reboot right back to recovery. If you reboot to the OS, it looks like it will override your previous TWRP install and put back MI-Recovery.

Regarding miui 8 for mipad 2 , someone knows with certainty whether it will appear or not?
Around I read post contradictory

so true , I am not sure if it ever will come... if not I will sell and never a pad a again from Xiaomi (just because of lack of support)

Hi Guys, Im really hardtime doing this. Ive tried everything but could not make it successful. Probably Im not that technical person just trying hard to solve the problem of my son tablet. If anyone willing to help, Im ok to share my laptop with you and help it control. I hope anyone willing to help me sorting this problem.

Don't desperate, mipad 2 is really amazing but just for people who know how to configure it.

I agree. The Mipad 2 is an amazing device once properly configure. This ROM plus Gapps plus SuperSU looks to be the perfect combination.

I've tried to install this rom multiple times with multiple different options but can't seem to get it right.

I have used both TWRP 2.8.7.0 + 3.0.0.0, flashing combinations (wipe everything first plug in USB OTG with rom, gapps & SuperSu):
  1. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> Opengapps 5.1 pico -> SuperSU 2.76 = Doesn't boot
  2. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> Opengapps 5.1 pico = Tablet boots, but get normal android setup (no miui interface) with language selection, after language selection crashed
  3. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) = Boots fine can run the initial setup and tried to flash gapps afterwords, but play store crashes when started
  4. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) installed needed google apk's from apkmirror, still crashes when started playstore
  5. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> SuperSU 2.76 = Doesn't boot
Assumptions, SuperSU version 2.76 doesn't work (I've read in this topic some else is having issues too, he reverted to 2.46) which version are you using?

What is the correct way to get Play Store either through OpenGapps or APK's?

Can someone, who got both SuperSU (or removed whetstone, only reason for root) and playstore working report the exact steps and files they used? And which TWRP are you using, link would be appreciated?

Last edited:
I've tried to install this rom multiple times with multiple different options but can't seem to get it right.

I have used both TWRP 2.8.7.0 + 3.0.0.0, flashing combinations (wipe everything first plug in USB OTG with rom, gapps & SuperSu):
  1. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> Opengapps 5.1 pico -> SuperSU 2.76 = Doesn't boot
  2. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> Opengapps 5.1 pico = Tablet boots, but get normal android setup (no miui interface) with language selection, after language selection crashed
  3. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) = Boots fine can run the initial setup and tried to flash gapps afterwords, but play store crashes when started
  4. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) installed needed google apk's from apkmirror, still crashes when started playstore
  5. Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (tried with and without Whetstone removed from .zip) -> SuperSU 2.76 = Doesn't boot
Assumptions, SuperSU version 2.76 doesn't work (I've read in this topic some else is having issues too, he reverted to 2.46) which version are you using?

What is the correct way to get Play Store either through OpenGapps or APK's?

Can someone, who got both SuperSU (or removed whetstone, only reason for root) and playstore working report the exact steps and files they used? And which TWRP are you using, link would be appreciated?
Flash Xiaomi.eu stable weekly ROM.
Flash Gapps from from OpenGapps.org. Make sure you choose the x86_64 model.
Update Google WebView.

For root, flash the 2.46 version of SuperSU.

That should do it. Hope this helps.

If I flash Xiaomi.eu and then OpenGapps my tablets reboot while installing and Gapps is not installed?

So you first install Xiaom.eu run the set-up reboot back into TWRP flash gapps? And then wipe data afterwords?

If I flash Xiaomi.eu and then OpenGapps my tablets reboot while installing and Gapps is not installed?

So you first install Xiaom.eu run the set-up reboot back into TWRP flash gapps? And then wipe data afterwords?
Agter gapps absolutely don't wipe! Flash and reboot

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Agter gapps absolutely don't wipe! Flash and reboot

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

I gave up on this one (7.5.2.0) I moved over to 6.8.25 and was pleasantly suprised to see this ROM has play store included, no need for extra steps.

Hello,
can someone tell me step-by-step how to install this. I'm pretty new to this, but I would like to try another ROM because my current ROM force-close offen

Thanks in advance :)