xiaomi.eu v14.0.4 stable notifications delay or not arriving

Sharon1122

Members
Feb 10, 2023
hello everyone, i have a problem with xiaomi.eu stable v14.0.4 notifications from whatsapp either arrive 1-2 late or not arriving at all....
ive format the phone countless times, set no restrictions on battery optimizations, auto start on, unrestricted data, installed update from apkmirror but nothing works...
ive also tried factory reset and only installing whatsapp but same issue...
on miui 13.0.9 it worked perfectly... is there any solution to this except downgrading back to miui 13?

EDIT : happens on weekly too 1000% ive literally tried anything and clean flashed these roms 20+ (!!!) times

Last edited:
You can set up your device however you want, you can do a clean install that won't help. Notifications are a big bug that they haven't fixed yet.
The problem with notifications appeared with the arrival of android 13 and MIUI 14. It occurs across models.

Reactions: Sharon1122
You can set up your device however you want, you can do a clean install that won't help. Notifications are a big bug that they haven't fixed yet.
The problem with notifications appeared with the arrival of android 13 and MIUI 14. It occurs across models.
yeah that sucks.. i think its a miui 14 bug a not related to xiaomi.eu... seems like only solution is to downgrade to 13.0.9 unfortunately :(

I have the same pormlem with the stable 14.0.5.0
I installed clean via Fastboot and it works for a few days well, but now the problem is returned.
Is there an solution exept a new clean install?

Has the problem not been solved yet?
for me personally, after i turn on auto start for the app i need notifications for, there is no delays on mobile data (might need to also set battery saving to "no restrictions")
on wifi, there is a notifications delay most of the times, it happens on miui 14, 13 and 12.5, eu, global or EEA. also on lineage os & arrow os.
I think this is a general android / google bug it seems to exist across devices, also happened when i checked on samsung galaxy a52 and galaxy tab a7 (though im not sure if as frequent as xiaomi)

my best suggestion so far is to accept the issue for now and hope for the best and if you need immediate notifications use mobile data (or SMS i guess)

Reactions: adr1st