New xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote10_MICC9Pro_V13.0.4.0.RFDCNXM /Dialer app Proximity sensor issue

poteck

Members
Sep 12, 2022
Hi all,

I want to report that after upgrading to xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote10_MICC9Pro_V13.0.4.0.RFDCNXM from 13.0.1.0 the proximity sensor toggle in the dialer options is not working anymore as expected. I have it always disable permanently because the proximity sensor is very unrealible in this model and I prefer to switch the screen off manually, otherwise is impossible to have a call nornally without messing with the screen. Actually is the reason why I change from the official ROM with google app dialer to this xiaomi.ueu rom, however now in the 13.0.4 is not working properly and even with the toggle set to off the proximity sensor continue to work in my phone, can anyone confirm is not only me?

Thanks

I tried to go back to 13.0.1.0, but somehow the phone does not boot and always return to the recovery, so I was in the need to reflash the 13.0.4.0. and it boot as usual.

Maybe the version of the xiaomi com.android.contacs which is version 12.3.4.3 included in the 13.0.4.0 has a bug?

Last edited:
I tried to go back to 13.0.1.0, but somehow the phone does not boot and always return to the recovery, so I was in the need to reflash the 13.0.4.0. and it boot as usual.

Maybe the version of the xiaomi com.android.contacs which is version 12.3.4.3 included in the 13.0.4.0 has a bug?
Did you format data when you tried to downgrade?

Did you format data when you tried to downgrade?
No I did not, I did not intend to loose all my files photos etc. Most likely if I do a wipe it will work, the downgrade I mean. Do you know if they can revert back to the previous dialer version to test it?

Please this bug make the phone unusable for making calls if we can not disable the proximity sensor as before. Can someone help with this? Do you need any logs? Can a version with the previous dialer version be uploaded to be tested?

Last edited:
The bug is that even if you turn off the screen manually during a call, when the proximity is disable, the moment you move or balance your phone it unlocks the screen automatically and it show the dialer, which is clearly not intended when proximity is disabled. Any help or comment on this bug?

Last edited:
@ingbrzy can you please support here? Please this is an issue that leave the dialer as unusable. How can I help with the issue?

I have discovered that if I disable the lock screen completely then the screen remains off during the call ignoring any phone movements, so there is a relation between the lock screen and the dialer waking up and unlocking the screen when proximity is disable.

Edited: OK I have done one more test and now the root cause is clearly narrrowed. The issue is only related to the fingerprint sensor.

When the option "Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off" is set to ON, and you place a call with proximity disabled, then you switch off the screen manually and the moment you move the phone the fingerprint icon appears and wake and unlock the screen leaving it ON.

Please can you ask this to be reviewed.?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited: