Xiaomi HongMi stuck at boot screen

Feb 5, 2014
Hello,

I just got a Xiaomi HongMi. My first phone.

I know nothing about Android or flashing or ROMs or anything. I was following a guide to get MIUIv5 from MIUIAndroid ROM onto my phone since I heard it has better translation and I do not want any Chinese on my phone. Although, I would much rather have stock Android rather than MIUI on my HongMi, so please let me know if that is possible.

Anyways, I attempted to follow the instructions here even though I wasn't too sure about what I was doing. I managed to get into the recovery mode (with the black screen and blue text) and installed the MIUI Android Multi-language ROM, and then select the option to Reboot the device.

My device shut down and then rebooted, but is now stuck at the boot screen, with the MI logo showing. Nothing else is happening.

I just got this phone. Did I ruin it? What can I do to solve this?

Thanks.

Reboot to recovery and try to flash and wipe again.
You can reboot to recovery with holding vol down when power on phone.
Then you get a menu with 3 lines. with vol down goto recovery. With vol up select.
Also don't forget to do a factory reset. Then reboot again.

Hi I have the same problem.

If I select 'recovery mode' I get the (android?) message 'no command'. What does this mean and what should I do now?

Hi I have the same problem.

If I select 'recovery mode' I get the (android?) message 'no command'. What does this mean and what should I do now?

Maybe your recovery is gone. Try to install it again.
(from MobileUncleTools but you need root)

I don't know which version Miui you have now, but you can try the link in the first post of this thread.

I think it was 4.something. It was put on there by Antelife where I bought my phone.

I've actually tried to connect with vRoot earlier on but it keeps on failing to connect.

Could I put that CWM recovery.img on my sd card via my pc card reader, put it back in my hongmi and then rerun recovery?

I thought you could not access recovery ?
How do you want to rerun recovery ?

I mean that when I select recovery mode when I'm in boot mode, it doesn't do anything. I think that is because there's no recovery file on my sd or phone (but Im not sure). I was thinking if i put a recovery file on my sd card that recovery mode in would work.

I just do not get past that startup logo

EDIT: I'm back in I did wipe data / factory reset! Thank you for your patience and help. :)

That is not the case. It must be present in the recovery partion in your phone.

Ok, and if its not? Is my phone lost?

Or is it maybe android that does not work properly since i do get the 'no command' icon.
I can get into Android System recovery. I have quite a view options:
apply update from adb
apply update from sdcard
apply update from sdcard2
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data.

Last edited: