Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

The miuiandroid stable version we have for donwload already included the language Portuguese PT-PT?

When I received my phone, which was this month, and installed this rom, the PT-PT wasn't in the list...

I just downloaded the stable version because aparently was repacked with PT-PT language, tired to install just doing the wipe cach and davilk and always get an error message:
(status 7) instalation aborted

The version I have is the, miuiandroid v5.0, before repacked with PT-PT language.
What could be the problem here?

I just downloaded the stable version because aparently was repacked with PT-PT language, tired to install just doing the wipe cach and davilk and always get an error message:
(status 7) instalation aborted

The version I have is the, miuiandroid v5.0, before repacked with PT-PT language.
What could be the problem here?
Which recovery are you using for Installation?
What is displayed in recovery as "Show log" after aborted?
Could be that you need to go back to original recovery....

I'm using CWM recovery.
When I received the phone to install the miuiandroid I had to change to CWM now its only possible to install with original recovery?
What has changed in the rom?

I heard that the solution is flashing with TWRP.
Was the rom repacked to be compatible with TWRP recovery only?

I'm using CWM recovery.
When I received the phone to install the miuiandroid I had to change to CWM now its only possible to install with original recovery?
What has changed in the rom?
Just an idea... Some people could no longer root the latest ROMs by using cwm recovery.
What is the output of Show log after installation fails?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

This is the error in getting
y6a3umu8.jpg

I think everyone is installing successfully with TWRP, so I ask again. What changed in this last repack?
I always installed miuiandroid with CWM without any issue until now

Remove that line you see in the updater-script of the rom. I think there are 2 lines with it. Open the rom with 7zip and edit inside.
So don't unzip complete rom, edit file, zip rom.
(or compare updater-script with previous rom)

That assert line checks if phone is HM2013023 (from build.prop). Probably it sees something else.

If the assert error is still there then the updater-script is not changed otherwise you don't get the assert error.
Or you used the original rom again in CWM :)

When I remove the line then the Errors is Step 6
What original Rom?
I downloaded the miuiandroid build

Eventhough, the rom I have atm is the previous miuiandroid, which is also 5.0. It's for the same device, therefore I don't understand why is not working and not understanding the reason is what is bothering me

So not the same error as printscreen above.
I was also referering to the miuiandroid build rom (because of the assert error).
Better to post a new printscreen of de error.

Last edited:
I have installed the TWRP and everything and didn't work.
Now I have to work or I get fired:) and ins a hour or so I will test again

That assert line checks if phone is HM2013023 (from build.prop). Probably it sees something else.

This means modifying build.prop would not help?
@piovp: Could you please check with Mobileuncle -> Device info in section build.prop if these properties are set?

Gesendet von meinem 2013023 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: pjovp
This means the assert line is still in the updater-script. So you are not flashing your modified (with assertline deleted) rom.

I'am not 100% sure but I think assert is not checking against build.prop but to default.prop in the recovery ramdisk.
There is also a logfile in CWM. Should be accessible through advanced menu. There you should also see which props are seen by CWM.

Last edited:
yes this is the original file.
with TWRP if I delete the line and try to flsh it it just say installation failed while with CWM was giving Step 6 error.

This is the line I'm deleting:
du1x.jpg

Maybe there is more information in de logfile.

In most TRWP there is a copy log button under advanced. This will place the log on your storage device. For most devices this will be /sdcard/recovery.log but on some devices it might be in /data/media/recovery.log or wherever your internal storage is located.
You may also be able to find the log in cache. It can either be in /cache/recovery/log or /cache/recovery/last_log

edit:
In TWRP I see ro.product.device=V8 in default.prop. This will be the reason the assert fails.

Last edited:
I found the solution FINALLY!!!

What I was doing was unziping the rom and then change delete the line in the file and then I was ziping the rom in .rar format (xxx.rar).
Then I would change the .rar to .zip and flashed.

What I did now was change the file directly in the zip tree directory without unziping and flashed it and worked.

The unziping and ziping was the issue + that line that I note that in previous releases didn't exist.

Now I lost root and cannot enter in TWRP.
When I do the buttons sequence to enter in recovery I get a black screen full of chinese lines