Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

It should work, yes. So make sure you've received all updates before trying to root the phone. It won't work without the correct vRoot updates. My WCDMA phone came with the stable version 3 and I have been able to root.
I don t think it' s possible in the stable version.
What is your stable version?

Hello.
I do as guide said (TD version). But when recovery mode activated, i get an English menu: rua1 autoCWM v5.5.0.4 for HM2013022
And on screens i see completely different, Chinese-powered recovery... What's the cause?

Screen: http://iceimg.com/8H50eqSQ/img-0656.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to connect HF and BT at the HONGMI.The HF was connected by reducing the intensity of the incoming call ring and when the BT was connected I couldn't hear the others I was talking to,they said that they could hear me.Any idea?

Last edited:
Another successful Wcdma rooted phone!
The manual has been changed to the good. Like @Eldar has already mentioned

So here is the updated version, @admins, if you like it, than you may put this in the current manual ;):
When you reboot into the recovery mode the manual is in English and not Chinese anymore (if you are rooting a WCDMA Hongmi)
(use the volume buttons to navigate and use the Power button the confirm your choice)
IMG_20131209_085646-1.jpg
1. Wipe Data/factory reset
1.b Choose "Yes -- delete all user data"
IMG_20131209_085702-1.jpg
2. Wipe cache partition
2.b Choose "Yes -- Wipe cache"
3. Install zip from sdcard
IMG_20131209_090227.jpg
4.Choose zip from internal sdcard
IMG_20131209_085613.jpg
5.Go to the location where you have stored the Miuiandroid rom.zip file (like: miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_3.11.29_jb-4.2.zip)
IMG_20131209_090354.jpg
IMG_20131209_090427-1.jpg
5.b Choose "Yes - Install **miuiandroidrom**.zip
6.After the update choose for "+++++++Go Back+++++++
IMG_20131209_090754-1.jpg
7. Finaly: Reboot system now and the first 2 questions are: Do you want google to use your location and choose your language :)

Here are the results
IMG_20131209_091033.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-09-00-00-26.png Screenshot_2013-12-09-00-00-51.png

Follow all the steps and it will work fine on a Window 7 64bit pc.
Did not had to use the MTK drivers

Attachments

• IMG_20131209_090404-1.jpg
    IMG_20131209_090404-1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:
Reactions: nurandi and ingbrzy
but does root work also with Stable 3 ???
Rooted my phone this morning on miui3
Worked like a charm.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386582869776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386582869776.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 393
Is there any need to flash the gapps package after flashing the rom for Hongmi WCDMA version?
Download all those files:
- vROOT - tool for ROOT Xiaomi Red Rice
- MobileUncle app
- CWM - TD version ONLY (extract zip)
- CWM - WCDMA version ONLY (extract zip)
- Driver for Windows 7/8
- MIUIAndroid Multilang weekly ROM

or STABLE Multilang RELEASE
Xiaomi Hongmi TD
Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA

Copy those files to the root of your internal SD card
- MobileUncle apk
- CWM Recovery recovery.img
- MIUIAndroid Multilang ROM

INSTALLATION

1. Allow USB Debugging - 7x tap on Settings - About Phone - Android version

2. Go to Developer options and turn ON USB debugging

3. Install to your PC vROOT, run it (maybe will ask for some update) and connect your phone to PC (if drivers will be needed, just install them)

Clipboard01.jpg

4. After successful recognition of your phone press button ROOT and wait for reboot, on your phone screen will be new SU app

Clipboard02.jpg

5. Install app mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk

6. run it and allow ROOT - select option on right

7. Select Recovery Update

sbaRO1P.png

Select recovery.img from your SD card

zLnE0XP.png

Reboot to CWM (Chinese)

iyDeuDr.png

Installing ROM in CWM

HDm9d0N.jpg

99moKVo.jpg

pCVWBal.jpg

8XC3slE.jpg

c77EG0i.jpg

ROM is successfully installed, now make a Factory reset

uAyq0az.jpg

bRuhcKH.jpg

Reboot to system

rjgmURx.jpg

IKQHS0T.jpg

MZHDiYw.png

For CWM in English:

When you reboot into the recovery mode the manual is in English and not Chinese anymore (if you are rooting a WCDMA Hongmi)
(use the volume buttons to navigate and use the Power button the confirm your choice)
View attachment 6843
1. Wipe Data/factory reset
1.b Choose "Yes -- delete all user data"
View attachment 6844
2. Wipe cache partition
2.b Choose "Yes -- Wipe cache"
3. Install zip from sdcard
View attachment 6845
4.Choose zip from internal sdcard
View attachment 6842
5.Go to the location where you have stored the Miuiandroid rom.zip file (like: miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_3.11.29_jb-4.2.zip)
View attachment 6846
View attachment 6848
5.b Choose "Yes - Install **miuiandroidrom**.zip
6.After the update choose for "+++++++Go Back+++++++
View attachment 6849
7. Finaly: Reboot system now and the first 2 questions are: Do you want google to use your location and choose your language :)
View attachment 6847

Here are the results
View attachment 6850 View attachment 6851 View attachment 6852

Try to remove all the apps @GuseppiGuliano and you'll see ;)
You can always put the rom back on your phone.

Press VOLUME Down + Power button and choose for Recover mode to recover your rom, if needed.
IMG_20131209_170129.jpg

Reactions: GuseppiGuliano
I have a problem with the v3 stake version. I can't download anything from play store without a wireless internet connection. Whenever I try to download with the SIM 3g just pops up a notification saying that the size is to big and that I need a WiFi.

Enviado desde mi 2013023 mediante Tapatalk

open the DOWNLOAD App and set the Size of the Download Limit up
Thank you!

Other silly question: how can access the notification bar with the screen locked? I have to unlock the phone so as to open the notification bar.

Enviado desde mi 2013023 mediante Tapatalk

Did anybody use hf or bt on hongmi?it works?
If,yes what brand did he use?
Thank you

Sent from my HM2013023 using Tapatalk

hello guys!

I ordered Xiaomi Hongmi Wcdma version and soon i need to root it. I'm not using Windows OS but Ubuntu 13.04 (linux based) OS. How can i root it from Ubuntu? Second question i have is: why i need to root the device actually if i'm using it only in English? Hongmi is my first smartphone and i never rooted before such device, that's why i'm asking such question.

Hi I really need help, i think i killed my Xiao Mi Red Rice when trying to root it.
When i was rooting it, i selected the ROM "miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_3.11.29_jb-4.2" on my external SD card, it started working then it says there is an error. Something along the line of sym links failed and it was aborted.
so i decided to re-try hence i chose go back and then reboot the system.
But now, it's permanently stuck on the reboot screen with the MI logo. i removed the battery and restarted again, i removed the memory card and restarted again but they all come back to the same screen.
Did i just killed my xiao mi for good? is there a solution to this?
:(