Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

Hi and welcome!
Dear developer, your OTA update does not work! If I install 5.0 update it goes to recovery and I have:
Install Failed!
The error is:
"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")"
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "HM2013023" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "HM2013023"
The solution may be to remove this entry from the file: META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script in original rom/update zip.
It can't pass md5 verification.
Some say that the cause is wrong recovery or Gapps.
and to not include full Gapps in roms but the small one:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/gapps/MIUI/miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed.zip
Use our Hongmi build..

~Tapatalk 4~

Hello guys,
Just received my Red Rice and its great.
First thing I did was to check if all if real, using antutu, cpuz, and the validation web site and all is ok gladly.
I have tried to update the phone using OTA and downloaded the package but Intallation Fails.
Downloaded the oficial 5.0 firmware put in the SD card and tried to manually update and also failed.
I'm using stock recovery.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Hello guys,
Just received my Red Rice and its great.
First thing I did was to check if all if real, using antutu, cpuz, and the validation web site and all is ok gladly.
I have tried to update the phone using OTA and downloaded the package but Intallation Fails.
Downloaded the oficial 5.0 firmware put in the SD card and tried to manually update and also failed.
I'm using stock recovery.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
download our build

Reactions: pjovp
Hello i can not update Vroot its important to update vroot or not. When i try to update Vroot always become a messege update fail try again :) i try tu update 1-2 hour and nothing :(
Can me somone explain other method to root phone or i won to update to V4 my Red Rice.
I become yesterday a phone i check it its orginal, but now i have only english and china language i need German so i wont put stabel multilanguage rom, pleas somone to help me

Hi guys,
thanks for your work!
Just got Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA
Since
1. I'm not savvy with phone flashing
2. it's easy to do a wrong thing

the info on about page:
miuiandroid.com
miui v 3.11.22
When I click on android version it pops a message that I'm already a developer.
Does this mean I already have your build flashed? (cpu-z says phone is rooted)
If so,
1. can I skip some steps from this thread instruction while updating to other 3.x or 4.1.3 weeklies or STABLE (and be sure I already have those recoveries/root installed)
2. can I flash official rom (to try) and then back to yours? Any special steps for it?
Thx for your time!

Last edited:
Hello i can not update Vroot its important to update vroot or not. When i try to update Vroot always become a messege update fail try again :) i try tu update 1-2 hour and nothing :(
Can me somone explain other method to root phone or i won to update to V4 my Red Rice.
I become yesterday a phone i check it its orginal, but now i have only english and china language i need German so i wont put stabel multilanguage rom, pleas somone to help me

Follow the steps as described here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/192365

Mind that v5.0 can only be rooted if you had exchanged the recovery to cwm recovery before. Vroot does not seem to work on v5.0 but on earlier versions.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: eKICh
Follow the steps as described here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/192365

Mind that v5.0 can only be rooted if you had exchanged the recovery to cwm recovery before. Vroot does not seem to work on v5.0 but on earlier versions.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Now its inside V1.0 what came from factory, i wont to flash v4.0 rom because i see that rom its stable. Finaly i have update Vroot to version 1.7.4 i think now will all work fine

Hello,
If I got the phone with multilang installed, what are the steps to
1. install original ROM, install back the multilang
2. install updated versions of multilang
(I mean I don't need to root/install recovery anymore and so on??)
3. please help me understand the difference between original ROM and multilang stable and multilang weekly
Thanks

Hello,
If I got the phone with multilang installed, what are the steps to
1. install original ROM, install back the multilang
2. install updated versions of multilang
(I mean I don't need to root/install recovery anymore and so on??)
3. please help me understand the difference between original ROM and multilang stable and multilang weekly
Thanks
For 1. & 2. just read this and other related threads (e.g.
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/23188)

Regarding 3.
- original ROM: only in English and Chinese
- multilang stable: latest is V5.0, occurs roughly once per month, contains multi languages, is "original"
- multilang weekly: there were some weekly ports for Hongmi in past, not "original", multi languages supported

In case this was helpful press thanks, in case of more questions please ask.

Is there any tutorial how to translate stable version on Croatian, so that language can be included in next Hongmi release?

Reactions: sudy_freak
I followed instructions to root in and update ROM v5.0 and failed.

i see a dead andriod as attached on picture. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attachments

• WP_20140104_002.jpg
    WP_20140104_002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hello !
I updated to the latest version in English MIUI JHBCNAL 5.0
How do I change the language to Hebrew
In language&input
I see 3 options -2 chiness and 1 English
Thanks for help

Hello !
I updated to the latest version in English MIUI JHBCNAL 5.0
How do I change the language to Hebrew
In language&input
I see 3 options -2 chiness and 1 English
Thanks for help
install our rom...

The official version only has Chinese and English.
You can choose hebrew but you most probably will be all in English.
Install the multi-lang Rom from this forum