Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

What I did now was change the file directly in the zip tree directory without unziping and flashed it and worked.
That is what I told you before !

Now I lost root and cannot enter in TWRP.
When I do the buttons sequence to enter in recovery I get a black screen full of chinese lines

And that is because the chinese recovery inside the rom is also installed after boot.

You have to use the chinese recovery to install TWRP again. I think you can use the first post in this thread.
If you want to install the rom again without overwriting recovery you have to delete install-recovery.sh from recovery/etc in the ROM zipfile or remove the line "package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");" from the updater script.

If you don't install the rom again I think with every reboot the recovery will be overwritten again. Of course you can also remove or rename the same script from /system/recovery/etc in android (root needed).
Se also here

Last edited:
Reactions: pjovp
I was hiting volume up + power buttons to go into recovery but the correct sequence is volumedown + power.
I can go into TWRP now but fails when I try to flash the HongMiCWMroot.zip

This repacked stable version is not very good.
So many trouble until finally install it to realise that is not working properly

thanks for the guide but i cant get the cwm recovery i follow the instruction but when i flash recovery.img and get asked to reboot into recovery the phone reboot in stock android recovery not cwm

my phone is 4.2.1 hm2013022 wcdma
miui-jhacnah1.0

thanks for the guide but i cant get the cwm recovery i follow the instruction but when i flash recovery.img and get asked to reboot into recovery the phone reboot in stock android recovery not cwm

Reboot in CWM (after turning phone off) with volumedown + power.

i think i brick my reciver
nw the rom works but when i enter the recovey mode nothing happen like there ius no recovery mode

just flash v5 multi rom and flash attached file in stock recovery.
then go to security folder and permissions app. activate root option.

Attachments

• miuiandroid-HM1W-JHBCNAL5.0-root.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
or in stock recovery, flash twrp recovery file and (in twrp) flash root.zip(in first post)
then, flash cwm recovery with mobile uncle tool app's recovery flash tool.
then, flash multi v5 rom in cwm and flash attached file(i put previous post). go to permission app and activate root option.

or in stock recovery, flash twrp recovery file and (in twrp) flash root.zip(in first post)
then, flash cwm recovery with mobile uncle tool app's recovery flash tool.
then, flash multi v5 rom in cwm and flash attached file(i put previous post). go to permission app and activate root option.
i no longer have i cwm nor stock recovery

when i attempt to boot into recovery it stuck on the screen where recovery mode is written in the left corner the the phone restart into normal boot

when i attempt to boot into recovery it stuck on the screen where recovery mode is written in the left corner the the phone restart into normal boot

flash cwm in fastboot mode. use recivery.img and fastboot on pc.

you already posted this on another thread and I just replied there.

BTW, where is the correct place to report bugs/issues with the stable releases for Hongmi phone?
This latest/repacked stable version its a mess!

i'm using xiaomi hongmi wcdma whit miui v5 multilang rom
how to enable magifier glass? i can't see in setting/language & input
please help,
sorry for my bad english,

I have installed the v5 multilang rom WCDMA. I downloaded this version on 7 jan from this site.
Now the /storage/sdcard0 (or /mnt/sdcard) is the external micro sdcard and /storage/sdcard1 (or /mnt/sdcard2) is the internal one.

I did not switch internal memory for external memory. Also under settings / storage the phone memory is not swapped with external SDcard (which I also don't want at this moment).

Should this not be the other way arround ?

edit: probably this changed from V4 to V5.

Last edited:
Hello, I managed to upadate my WCDMA red rice to v5 en/china version.
I installed google apps through the xiaomi market, and everything is working fine.
Only thing is, now I got gps problem, when I was v4 it worked smooth and well, very fast.
Now, for example when I open maps (connected to a wifi) it doesn't fix my position (waiting for location).
Please notice that when wifi is on and connected to an hotspot Google uses his API to set position on the map, and after that tries to fix to the satellites for more accurate position.
now it seems like it skips the API location part, waiting for a good fix.

In Google Location settings I set everything on (also google position based on wifi-umts) but this doesn't seem to work.
Am I missing something?
Maybe I have to install something else for xiaomi market related to gps fixing or API location usage?

If You have root go to market and download FasterGps. Change the continent and country to your exact position and save. Reboot the phone and test it. After this you can delete the app add the alterations need are done and gps.conf file corrected

Thank you for posting. I followed instructions posted in this thread to root, install CWM, and flashing MIUIANDROID ROm. All can be completed successfully. However, I need some clarification. After I finished all those three activities, my Hongmi become "UnRoot". In other side, CWM recovery is removed. So, if I trying to enter recovery mode, I enter stock recovery instead of CWM. Is this normal condition?

Second, I loss SIM Tool Kit for both SIM. Is there any app should be installed so I can find and use STK app in hongmi with miuiandroid ROm?

Thank you :)

If You have root go to market and download FasterGps. Change the continent and country to your exact position and save. Reboot the phone and test it. After this you can delete the app add the alterations need are done and gps.conf file corrected
Thank you, I did it but, although working well outside (gps + umts: fix in about 30 seconds), it keeps missing the wifi-based fix.

Just in order to understand us, when I open maps the little position circle is gray instead of blue, and it sticks to the last position acquired.
That doesn't occur when google API used to determinate position based on the wifi SSID are working well.
Also, is certain the fact that has something to do with software problem instead of hardware, cuz until yesterday with v4 everything was working great

After I finished all those three activities, my Hongmi become "UnRoot". In other side, CWM recovery is removed. So, if I trying to enter recovery mode, I enter stock recovery instead of CWM. Is this normal condition?

Yes, that is correct. See post #501 in this thread.

Ok, so I didn't solve the GPS problem, so I want to try to reinstall the rom (cuz I had some problem the last time, took me an entire morning to get it working).
Right now I am running
Screenshot_2014-02-05-16-59-34.png

I have the phone rooted right now (rooted through vROOT, after updating it) and the Update App is installed in my phone.

Also, I don't have CWM cuz my phone seems like to be one of the latest Hongmi WCDMA and as it seems CWM is not installable on this version (I tried to install it following the steps in the open post, but when I try to enter in CWM I only see some graphics artifacts and the phone restarts itself after a while). Am I right about the impossibility to install CWM in this new hongmi version?

So, I wan to download the latest MULTI stable version, which one should I download and how do I install it?
And how and what do I have to install in order to get Gapps out of the box, considering that I don't have CWM?

thank you very much for your help, is really appreciated!

Additional maybe useful information:
I live in Spain

Also, I don't have CWM cuz my phone seems like to be one of the latest Hongmi WCDMA and as it seems CWM is not installable on this version (I tried to install it following the steps in the open post, but when I try to enter in CWM I only see some graphics artifacts and the phone restarts itself after a while). Am I right about the impossibility to install CWM in this new hongmi version?

Install TWRP from here.

So, I wan to download the latest MULTI stable version, which one should I download and how do I install it?
And how and what do I have to install in order to get Gapps out of the box, considering that I don't have CWM?
There is only 1 MULTI stable version. This thread is for this version.
Basic steps are:
- download file and put it in root of sdcard (don't unzip)
- go to recovery en do factory reset (you will loose data)
- install rom zipfile
- reboot

Remember: you will loose root and TWRP recovery will be replaced with original recovery included in the rom file