Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

Hi I'm new user of hongmi and I have rooted phone with MIUI version: JHBCNAL25.0 (have installed superSU)
I trying 2 days to install new version 5.0 but I just can't. I was trying with recovery.img and mobileuncle but I can't go in recovery mode (every time my phone just reboot).
please can someone tell me how to install new stabile version od miui?
Thank.

I can go with volume down button in recovery, but when i choose recovery mode my phone display some small color sign and trow me back on normal mode, i'm not go in cwm recovery.

put CWM recovery in the root of your SD card and flash it with Mobileuncletools
then you can use the app QuickBoot to enter in recovery easily

put CWM recovery in the root of your SD card and flash it with Mobileuncletools
then you can use the app QuickBoot to enter in recovery easily

1. put CWM recovery on SD card.
2. then open mobileuncletools and go to recovery update
3. then open quickboot and go to recovery,
4. what after that?

Thanks for tips I was now install new rom, but now my phone iz unroot, and I can't root the hongmi with vroot. I was flash the rom with twrp recovery. What now to do or how to root JHBCNAL 5.0?

Last edited:
I can confirm that all apps that I have paid for on google play disappear each time I reboot my device (I'm on V5). I can reinstall them, but they disappear again each time I reboot. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I have the same issue, any fix?

There's something wrong with my smartphone, because every rom in Portuguese BR, on my phone continues english mixed with Portuguese

Is it possible to unlock the root option in the permissions app without having to use the chinese VRoot App?
If not, is there any english Vroot App I can use?

Wow marcel201, that looks nice.... I think I'll try it tonight...

Xioami Redmi + Tapatalk

I was told my phone was rooted when I got it but some programs did not do what they should on a rooted phone so I tried a few Rooting programs none where working at first.
But after a little more resetting both the computer and the phone VRoot now works, the Phone is now Rooted.
My next problem is that Mobile Uncle not showing local file when I try to use the Recovery update.

Also I cannot get CWM or TWRP to make backups. they will go through what looks like the process ie: powering down and showing a pic of and Android character with and open hatch and in 3 - 5 min it has booted back to normal phone mode, but from that point on when I got back to find the backup there is nothing to find.

Here is a screen grab of the programs I am trying to use for backup.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/SWRogue1/Screenshot_2014-03-20-16-58-05_zps47c37b2e.jpg

Last edited:
Im new to this thing and was looking at stuff before buying this phone.

1) Is it true you can't use google play and other apps on this phone?
2) Does doing this allow you to download google play?
3) What is this called rooting? or unlocking?

Anyone tried this ?
No but the download link is to an Galaxy.
At the Slimrom site is nothing found for Hongmi or Xiaomi.
Must say hat i had this rom on my Galaxy (spare one) and it was only black and white so you could run a long while on your battery

Since installing JHBCNBA 13 the Vroot method does not work anymore. I tried framaroot and it also does not allow root.

Are there any alternatives for rooting a TD-SDMA hongmi?