Xiaomi Hongmi Update

Ok I clicked, and I see three different redmi rom, not any hongmi.
Redmi is the new official international name of Hongmi. So Redmi 1s stands for the new Quallcomm based Redmi, while WCDMA Redmi is the original MTK version.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

but just ignore it as aparantly that is not an updated. they just restored the link for the old rom....
xiaomi phones, never again thats for sure!

but just ignore it as aparantly that is not an updated. they just restored the link for the old rom....
xiaomi phones, never again thats for sure!
Az long as I know, there's intensive work undergoing on the new stable version. It's just that there were too many bugs that needed to be fixed. So let's hope there will be a new version soon.

with so many roms and ports for Hongmi made by Dev, being released almost weekly base, I sincerely hope you are right and that they are waiting almost 2 months for an update because they are working in big changes. Therefore we may assume that V6 will have quite a lot of improvements and new features...

... Therefore we may assume that V6 will have quite a lot of improvements and new features...

To tell the truth I don't need so much new features I'm satisfied with the last V5 but the extended sim management is missing for me. I hope it will be included in the new update.

installed it as per flashing guide and worked even having TWRP.

TIf this is the new is a new version from 2 months waiting Xiaomi is playing with Hongmi users????
Apartment from few USELESS apps I don't see anything new at all!
this is just stupid and I'm getting real bored with this and I'm sure others are to

Now I even lost the Recovery and without root I can't install it back!
Guys do not test this s**t

Last edited:
manage to root with framaroot 1.9.1, installed Mobileuncletools, flashed CWM recovery, then flashed TWRP and restored a backup.

I'm afraid of what about you talking about but maybe the update contains some necessary bugfix. Maybe worth's to wait a rooted version to update. I would be happy a flashable extended sim management.

The update in the previous post was not a new update. In a different thread started by me I mentioned that there was a mistake on the download page as they posted the old redmi 1s update on the wdcma redmi.

It was corrected yesterday and the 5.0 firmware was available again. If you download it and open the buildprop you can see it is still from december 30.. funny as this date is my birthday :-D

The only thing that would make me happy at this time is that if they release miui v6 first to hongmi to compensate this s**t they are doing

Last edited:
PERSONALLY ADVISE NOT BUY ANY TELEPHONE OF XIAOMI AS OWN EXPERIENCE WITH A HONGMI TD HAVE NOT HAD THE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE ANY UPDATES FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS, I DO NOT THINK THAT IS THE POLICY OF A REAL COMPANY LEAVES MUCH TO SAY AND WHEN IN DOUBT YOUR SERVICE WORLDWIDE.

Well, I had Xperia Ray from SE and I get 3 updates in neerly two years :)

Odesláno z mého 2013023 pomocí Tapatalk

Well, same here. Only one update for year and the half (Huawei)

Изпратено от Tapatalk

PERSONALLY ADVISE NOT BUY ANY TELEPHONE OF XIAOMI AS OWN EXPERIENCE WITH A HONGMI TD HAVE NOT HAD THE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE ANY UPDATES FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS, I DO NOT THINK THAT IS THE POLICY OF A REAL COMPANY LEAVES MUCH TO SAY AND WHEN IN DOUBT YOUR SERVICE WORLDWIDE.
Well, not really. Most major phone makers update their phones 2 or 3 times per year. Xiaomi does this much more often. Although Hongmi update is a bit delayed, they continue to provide updates to their other models on a regular basis. Hongmi is their first MTK based device, so they need some time to get used to the chipset.
I believe Hongmi is a great device, and a two or three month delay in updates is not really a problem.
They will fix it, and it's going to be soon.

Reactions: pjovp
I UNDERSTAND THAT GOOD BUT MOST IMPORTANT CUSTOMERS BUY YOUR DEVICE NOT THE OTHER FACTORIES.

on offical miui page there is now an update but it's for version taiwan, hong kong and singapore. Maybe somewhone knows why????
I'm agree with some users that this is first xiaomi phone with mediatek processor so they need time.

Well, not really. Most major phone makers update their phones 2 or 3 times per year. Xiaomi does this much more often. Although Hongmi update is a bit delayed, they continue to provide updates to their other models on a regular basis. Hongmi is their first MTK based device, so they need some time to get used to the chipset.
I believe Hongmi is a great device, and a two or three month delay in updates is not really a problem.
They will fix it, and it's going to be soon.

I don't think they are getting used to MTK base as they have already changed this to snapdragon (new hongmis)...

I have the bad feeling that arnacru may be right. The new HongMi is Qualcomm-based, there are no weekly updates, because they changed the update schedule to one per month, but even then we haven't received any update for already two months and we have to (the bug with the disappearing commersial apps from the Play Store is really annoying). I hope I'm wrong, but all the facts we've seen so far, show us quite the opposite.

I have the bad feeling that arnacru may be right. The new HongMi is Qualcomm-based, there are no weekly updates, because they changed the update schedule to one per month, but even then we haven't received any update for already two months and we have to (the bug with the disappearing commersial apps from the Play Store is really annoying). I hope I'm wrong, but all the facts we've seen so far, show us quite the opposite.
It's confusing, I agree. But at least I try to remain positive in this situation. I truly believe there will be an update soon. It's another question if they are going to continue to use MTK chipsets.
I would bet NO :)

let's stay positive. I was reading on the chinese xiaomi forum that they have launched a new website .. hongmi.cn which only shows the mtk hongmi.. and on another topic on the forum they are looking for beta testers. so could all be good news in regards to upcoming updates.

I understand arnacru. its sad to see so many non-xiaomi with official support and than a xiaomi with no support at all.
for the real truth, the development of firmwares for ALL xiaomi devices comes in bigger part from the community not from the company.