Xiaomi HyperOS

Can we get in trouble for news like this? We should all have an unlocked bootloader.

No need to worry. I read a lot about it in China dev forums.
If you buy European version - easy to unlocking. If you buy china version of phone more hard to unlock bootloader but of you want to unlock it and it will be one phone no big problem. All this restriction is for that, to not buy china version in europ or usa.. $$$$$$$ they want to have, no buy cheapest china version ..

Reactions: jericho246
No need to worry. I read a lot about it in China dev forums.
If you buy European version - easy to unlocking. If you buy china version of phone more hard to unlock bootloader but of you want to unlock it and it will be one phone no big problem. All this restriction is for that, to not buy china version in europ or usa.. $$$$$$$ they want to have, no buy cheapest china version ..
Maybe they change to unlocking 4 weeks and not 7 days :) No wonder I bought 13 Ultra for 800 EUR (12/256) via Trading Shenzhen and not regular German model (12/512) for 1500 EUR :)

Thanks for the insights.

Last edited:
Maybe they change to unlocking 4 weeks and not 7 days :) No wonder I bought 13 Ultra for 800 EUR (12/256) via Trading Shenzhen and not regular German model (12/512) for 1500 EUR :)

Thanks for the insights.
i wanted to get i 13 ultra by the end of the year, howerver i am sick of this 8GB RAM i want to move up to 16GB , do trading shenzhen offer global version on 12/512 or i just have to buy 16gb chineese model anyway , and if you have the chineeve version of the phone can you tell cellular performance(because they dont put the 800mhz channel B20 for LTE for these chineese versions) as well as battery

i wanted to get i 13 ultra by the end of the year, howerver i am sick of this 8GB RAM i want to move up to 16GB , do trading shenzhen offer global version on 12/512 or i just have to buy 16gb chineese model anyway , and if you have the chineeve version of the phone can you tell cellular performance(because they dont put the 800mhz channel B20 for LTE for these chineese versions) as well as battery
This "you need B20 / 800mhz" is fake news in 2023 . I ran the Xiaomi 13 for 11 month and now the Xiaomi 14 without any problem in a rural area (4k people city).

Reactions: kearmau5
Maybe because operators in your state still use 3G, but in some states they have turned off or are gradually turning off these outdated technologies.
And in locations without 3G, a person who does not have B20 support is dependent only on 2G (unusable internet).

Maybe because operators in your state still use 3G, but in some states they have turned off or are gradually turning off these outdated technologies.
And in locations without 3G, a person who does not have B20 support is dependent only on 2G (unusable internet).
I am from middle Germany, and get most of the time LTE without B20/800.(in 11 month I just had once no LTE) in cities nearby I get this fake 5G which our carriers sell.
I just want to make clear that often/mostly missing B20 isn't that big problem, I paid 757€ to learn that

Exciting times are coming...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-14-15-38-38-610_com.opera.browser-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-14-15-38-38-610_com.opera.browser-edit.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: moskito99

Thanks for the insights.
Is 5G working on it though, and no band 20?

This "you need B20 / 800mhz" is fake news in 2023 . I ran the Xiaomi 13 for 11 month and now the Xiaomi 14 without any problem in a rural area (4k people city).
I have a Mi 10 Pro China Version - no Band 20 was okay in cities/towns, even in smaller population places (10-15k), but outside those areas, I was often without usable internet for some parts (whereas others had full signal), so I would say it's liveable without but can be sometimes annoying.

I also never got a 5G signal on that phone. Not sure why?

I now have an Ultra 13, global and get much better coverage. For example, I drive from one city on the coast to a town that is further inland which is about 90 minute drive, and used to get numerous signal dropouts when listening to a radio stream on Mi 10 Pro, now there are none.

Reactions: 4fun20
I had the Xiaomi Mi11U with all bands, since 3 month I have the X13U (both china version)
and you don't need Band20 ! I don't notice any difference in reception. I was on the road in half of Germany in the 3 months and had reception everywhere, except for 2-3 places on the Autobahn (highway) (a few km), but since I often drive long distances there, I know that I had no reception with the Mi11U there either. (or only EDGE reception)

Reactions: Liviati and 4fun20
I had the Xiaomi Mi11U with all bands, since 3 month I have the X13U (both china version)
and you don't need Band20 ! I don't notice any difference in reception. I was on the road in half of Germany in the 3 months and had reception everywhere, except for 2-3 places on the Autobahn (highway) (a few km), but since I often drive long distances there, I know that I had no reception with the Mi11U there either. (or only EDGE reception)
So there is this 800mhz always sticking with other ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-15-16-49-26-663_cz.mroczis.netmonster.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-16-49-26-663_cz.mroczis.netmonster.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 141
HyperOS on Xiaomi 13 Ultra
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Don415
I come from the middle of Germany. My provider O2 is using B20 in the most regions here. Some regions have fake 5G, but 70% is B20.
With other providers like Telekom you don´t need B20.

I have a Mi 10 Pro China Version - no Band 20 was okay in cities/towns, even in smaller population places (10-15k), but outside those areas, I was often without usable internet for some parts (whereas others had full signal), so I would say it's liveable without but can be sometimes annoying.

I also never got a 5G signal on that phone. Not sure why?

I now have an Ultra 13, global and get much better coverage. For example, I drive from one city on the coast to a town that is further inland which is about 90 minute drive, and used to get numerous signal dropouts when listening to a radio stream on Mi 10 Pro, now there are none.
Thanks for posting your personal experience .
Do you want say where you from and who is your carrier?
I come from the middle of Germany. My provider O2 is using B20 in the most regions here. Some regions have fake 5G, but 70% is B20.
With other providers like Telekom you don´t need B20.
I am on o2 as well and from middle of Germany too.
I never had a problem with missing B20/800mhz.
I tried with the Xiaomi 13 for a year and now same thing with the 14.. I did a screenshots between 2 small towns with around 1000 people as residents.
Check signal strength symbol..
Don't get me wrong Germany for sure has regions with signal issues. But I am not sure that in these regions B20 helps either

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-13-14-175_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-13-14-175_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-12-28-824_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-12-28-824_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-11-10-186_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-11-10-186_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-10-39-673_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-19-10-39-673_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2023-11-15-16-59-05-396_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-16-59-05-396_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
Can we get in trouble for news like this? We should all have an unlocked bootloader.

Only a problem if it fit the following
1. The phone is a Chinese variant
2. The phone is locked with hyper OS (build in or you update to hyper OS AND lock it)

So if you bought a Xiaomi 14 or later phone with hyper OS build in, the phone is still unlockable but harder than before
it required these
1. Pass a online test about bootloader, commands like fastboot etc.
2. At least level 5 on official Xiaomi fourm
3. Pass real name certified.

1. isn't a problem and reasonable if you want to unlock your phone, 2. & 3. might be difficult for foreigner
And you can only unlock 3 phones per year, I think this is not a problem for most users

There might be some unofficial way to unlock, before that try to avoid China version phone.

here why MIUI or hyperOS will forever be terrible:

1) No E-Sim support
2) Unsecure apps delay you with 10 seconds security prompt
2.1) Modded app like Faceapp will not work on MIUI or HyperOS because all modders are using Samsung One UI.
3) Default File Manager cannot unzip compress files
4) Mi Video is full of adverts and audio delay issues

Issue in CN Original ROM only:
5) Alarm Clock and Bluetooth takes 2 steps to turn off.
6) AOD Display will sleep itself after 10 minutes laying in a dark room and no option to disable it.
7) And all the issue mentioned above

Thanks for posting your personal experience .
Do you want say where you from and who is your carrier?

I am on o2 as well and from middle of Germany too.
I never had a problem with missing B20/800mhz.
I tried with the Xiaomi 13 for a year and now same thing with the 14.. I did a screenshots between 2 small towns with around 1000 people as residents.
Check signal strength symbol..
Don't get me wrong Germany for sure has regions with signal issues. But I am not sure that in these regions B20 helps either
how did you get the network speed indicator on the right side ?
same thing for disabled sound icon

Hello boys, I am using a hyperOS buid found on telegram for my POCO X3 PRO, and is running as smooth as the last version found in this place. Are you going to develop a version for Poco X3 Pro?

I feel more confident in your work guys.