Members
Oct 6, 2023
This is not a drill Xiaomi new OS is coming

Attachments

• 1000000401.jpg
    1000000401.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 25,366
Reactions: veras
On October 17, Lei Jun announced that Xiaomi will launch a new operating system, Xiaomi HyperOS. This is an epoch-making milestone for Xiaomi and a key leap towards a "full ecology for people, cars and homes".

Lei Jun said that at this moment, his heart was filled with excitement and excitement.

Thirteen years ago, on August 16, 2010, Xiaomi’s first product MIUI was officially born. In 13 years, it has grown from a few engineers to a software team of 4,000 to 5,000 people; from the initial "100 dream sponsors" to 1.175 billion cumulative users worldwide; from only 4 common functions in the first version to cross-terminal interconnection. The underlying deep framework; making friends with users and creating the most user-friendly and user-friendly system experience has always been MIUI’s constant pursuit. Now, it's time to make the leap. Xiaomi not only has smartphones, but also has a huge smart ecosystem spanning more than 200 categories. The "full ecosystem of people, cars and homes" is about to complete its closed loop. In the era of the Internet of Everything, the complexity and number of operating system branches involved in various devices, and the ecological connection gaps caused by different systems and protocols, may exceed many people's imagination.

Xiaomi ThePaper OS came into being, and we have been preparing for it for a long time. In 2014, when the IoT business began to take shape, we began exploratory development and verification. In 2017, the research and development of a new system was officially launched to support all ecological devices and applications with an integrated system framework. This is our pursuit.

Today, we have taken a solid and crucial step: Xiaomi's ThePaper OS was officially born, "putting people at the center to create a full ecological operating system for people, cars, and families." It is based on the integration of the deeply evolved Android and the self-developed Vela system, completely rewriting the underlying architecture, and preparing a public base for the Internet of Everything for tens of billions of devices and tens of billions of connections in the future. This is a super huge engineering system, so our engineers named it in English: Xiaomi HyperOS. The first device equipped with Xiaomi ThePaper OS is Xiaomi 14, which will bring a "leapfrog upgrade". What are your expectations and suggestions for “Xiaomi ThePaper OS”? Everyone is welcome to leave a message.

Starting today, we will gradually say goodbye to MIUI!

Thank you to all my friends who support MIUI. MIUI will remain in our memories forever.

@zellot06 If you bring quotes here, please include the source/link. Thank you.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think there will be too much more than an AOSP fork in HyperOS. Maybe more Xiaomi private software, but basically Android.

I have booked Xiaomi 14, and on the evening of October 26, that is, tomorrow, I will watch the live broadcast of Xiaomi's press conference, which will be very exciting.

I don't think there will be too much more than an AOSP fork in HyperOS. Maybe more Xiaomi private software, but basically Android.
but Xiaomi integrates the self-developed Vela system kernel with the deeply modified Linux system kernel.

Let's hope for the best. Always appreciated xiaomi.eu and their work. The frequent updates with bloatware and ads removed was always amazing while getting features from Chinese versions.

Before I used official versions and miui tools to remove things. After years of Oneplus I joined here with poco f3, 11pro, 11ultra and now 13ultra.

Thank you all @xiaomi.eu for your great work and I hope you will have a chance to continue your great work!

I hope its ok to post here, but maybe interesting:

According to official information from the presentation of the new system, from the beginning of December 2023 to the end of January 2024, updates to HyperOS will receive:

1. Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 and MIX Fold 3, Xiaomi 13, 13 Pro, 13 Ultra.
  2. Xiaomi Pad 6, Pad 6 Max 14, Pad 6 Pro.
  3. Redmi K60, K60 Extreme Edition, K60 Pro.
  4. Xiaomi TV S Pro 65 Mini LED, Xiaomi TV S Pro 75 Mini LED, Xiaomi TV S Pro 85 Mini LED.
  5. Xiaomi Smart Camera 3 Pro PTZ version IP.
  6. Xiaomi Sound.
  7. Xiaomi Watch S3.

I hope its ok to post here, but maybe interesting:

According to official information from the presentation of the new system, from the beginning of December 2023 to the end of January 2024, updates to HyperOS will receive:

1. Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 and MIX Fold 3, Xiaomi 13, 13 Pro, 13 Ultra.
  2. Xiaomi Pad 6, Pad 6 Max 14, Pad 6 Pro.
  3. Redmi K60, K60 Extreme Edition, K60 Pro.
  4. Xiaomi TV S Pro 65 Mini LED, Xiaomi TV S Pro 75 Mini LED, Xiaomi TV S Pro 85 Mini LED.
  5. Xiaomi Smart Camera 3 Pro PTZ version IP.
  6. Xiaomi Sound.
  7. Xiaomi Watch S3.
Yup it's accurate

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-06-16-53-49-058_org.telegram.messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-06-16-53-49-058_org.telegram.messenger.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 431
Reactions: moskito99
Xiaomi HyperOS × Dev Weekly Beta

2. Development version plan

The first batch of models

(expected to be launched in mid-to-late November 2023)

Xiaomi 14 Pro, Xiaomi 14, Xiaomi MIX Fold 3. Xi aomi MIX Fold 2, Xiaomi 13 Ultra, Xiaomi 13 Pro, Xiaomi 13, Redmi K60 Pro , Redmi K60

Subsequent batches of models (push time to be determined)

Xiaomi 12 Pro, Xiaomi 12, Redmi K50 Extreme Edition, Redmi K50 Gaming Edition, Xiaomi 12S Ultra, Xiaomi 12S Pro, Xiaomi 12S, Xiaomi 12 Pro Dimensity Edition, Redmi K50 Pro, Redmi K50, Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 Subsequent batch information will be continuously updated in this announcement, so please pay attention.

Reactions: moskito99
They've been banging on about hyper os for weeks, it's still only the 14 series that have it. Keep seeing lists with eligible devices. Turns out it's not gonna be here for months, what's the point banging on about it now if nobody can access it.

They've been banging on about hyper os for weeks, it's still only the 14 series that have it. Keep seeing lists with eligible devices. Turns out it's not gonna be here for months, what's the point banging on about it now if nobody can access it.

Read when?