Xiaomi Mi 10T - Microphone problem

dimitris.t

Members
Oct 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a major problem with my device. The microphone seems to make nonstop noise similar to wind noise. This occurs in calls, video or voice recordings, so it is not a call or service problem. Also it seems to not be a software problem since I have tried a lot of software solutions but nothing seems to work. If I plug in headphones it goes away so it could be a hardware problem.
This problem happens 8/10 times the microphone is used.
Do you know any solution to this?

Thank you!

I have this problem too. Factory reset helped only for a moment. Microphone was changed, problem returns. Thanks

Reactions: shoshonatz
Hi,

Got the same problem, any solutions so far? Factory reset helped for only 30 min and it went back to wind like loud sounds. Waiting to see if I can send it over to Xiaomi for repair but no one else has been able to help apart from that.

Does anyone have a solution for this? the issue started 10 days ago out of no where .. no new software or app installed .. tried factory resetting, changed from Indonesian ROM to global ROM and still the same issue ..

is it a software issue or a hardware one .. ?

Hello everyone, same problem here. I haven't tried factory reset because I read that is not working! I tried to change the microphone but the problem still remains. Did anyone solve the problem? I am thinking of sending the phone to Xiaomi to check the problem.

Reactions: Imantas978
Hello, I have the same problem as everyone here.
I thought it was the main microphone. So I opened the device and swapped the lower circuit board. Unfortunately without success. The noise can still be heard. If someone has another good idea, I would be happy, but replacing the circuit board doesn't help!

Hello everyone,
I have this problem too since yesterday , i see now that nothing helps right now .. it's kinda strange that ,any have this problem ..
I have this device for almost 1 year . I hope Xiaomi will fix it soon
UPDATE - 01/21/22
i connected Jabra ear phones and was talking on the phone and no strange sound , after recording with the device mic ,also seems like no more strange sound.
i dont know yet what the issue is..

Last edited:
Same problem. The call partner always tells me: "I don't understand you."

How can I solve this problem?

Has anybody contacted the xiaomi service in this case?

I send the phone to Xiaomi and they changed something in the motherboard for free. Actually it wasn't a problem with the microphone. All expenses were covered by the warranty.

Hello. I have the same issue on Mi10T Pro, I changet the lower SIM board and the flex cable from my wife's phone but it not helped, so it will be some Motherboard issue. I hope it can be repairable...

Hello, I just updated my Mi10t5g to 12.5.12 stable stock ROM and suddenly the mic and speaker is not working anymore. I tried to reset the phone and nothing happened.

Does installing EU ROM can help with this issue?

Same problem. Started with microphone. Then the speaker. Reset phone speaker worked but not microphone. Update to stable 13 still same issue. Everything stopped working out of no where. Can only talk on phone while using Bluetooth...smh,

Hello everyone,

I have a major problem with my device. The microphone seems to make nonstop noise similar to wind noise. This occurs in calls, video or voice recordings, so it is not a call or service problem. Also it seems to not be a software problem since I have tried a lot of software solutions but nothing seems to work. If I plug in headphones it goes away so it could be a hardware problem.
This problem happens 8/10 times the microphone is used.
Do you know any solution to this?

Thank you!
hei, i had same problem, was very bad for me and very loud but i took out the sim and i used the phone for 20 30 mn like this and after i put it back and is ok for a moment, try this

What about doing a factory reset, and after that disabling software updates? Those (eg. aewinpuff), who had it working only for 30 mins might made a mistake by ruining their devices by letting the phone install the new firmware again automatically. Can anybody try that please? I would be curious. I'm looging forward your feedbacks.

Have the exact problem, maybe a while after I installed
Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro EEAStableRecoveryV13.0.11.0.SJDEUXM
I realised this after I read this thread.
So I'm going to install the Global version again
Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro GlobalStableRecoveryV13.0.8.0.SJDMIXM
I hope it works!

Have the exact problem, maybe a while after I installed
Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro EEAStableRecoveryV13.0.11.0.SJDEUXM
I realised this after I read this thread.
So I'm going to install the Global version again
Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro GlobalStableRecoveryV13.0.8.0.SJDMIXM
I hope it works!
Hello. give feedback if it works for you. I have tried the same without success. nothing helped.